Clutch Woes: the photos

What a dunce. Not even sure how I did this!

Attachments

• IMG0001.jpg
    IMG0001.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 256
Okay, I've got it now. More photos of the dead clutch. The pressure plate actually had a recess in it where the clutch plate was biting into it and the thrust bearing was bone dry. Wonder it worked at all.

The new clutch is feather light, just right for my lady. It still has around two inches of play in it but I will sort that out to Haynes recomendations. About 1.5cms if I remember correctly.

S

Attachments

• IMG0001_1.jpg
    IMG0001_1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG0001_2.jpg
    IMG0001_2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG0001_3.jpg
    IMG0001_3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    897.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG0001_4.jpg
    IMG0001_4.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 184
Aint got pics but i (somehow) managed to destroy the pressure plate that much that a few of the "teeth" came off

and

just to make tings that little bit worse, one pierced the housing of the gearbox and flucked that well and truely!!

now thats what i call getting your moneys worth out of a clutch lol.

i just replaced the clutch in my astra as the pressure plate had collapsed...dunno why the hell it had cos it had only been in the car less than a year....but can i find the damn receipt....can i heck....ruddy waste of a warranty lol

Attached is the worse clutch failure I have had. This was in my old ST after 20 runs at santapod in the space of an afternoon lol:)

Attachments

• 0279.JPG
    0279.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 227
Ed I think your picture has been doctored to make it seem worse than it is... either that or you think your driving some kind of super charged and turbo'd micra...ha... as if... your mechanical knowledge is NO WERE near large enough to maintain such a car...I think its all a big lie...please delete your post

In defense of my wife's driving, which is actually very good, she's only been driving the car just under a year (2800 miles). The clutch pedal was very high when we bought the car and had I known how bad things were I would have passed on the deal or haggled over the price a bit more. But, too soon old, too late smart.

S

Back