• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

clutch problem with my k11 micra

alien10

Ex. Club Member
i have owned my 1995(m) 1.0litre Micra L for nearly two years now, but havent used it since May as i havent had the money to run it. But now im getting it back on the road but about a month or two before I stopped driving it, it started to make funny sounds, like loud revving sounds, then a week later the same noise was happening but it was starting to struggle to move after changing gear. You would change gear and the sound it made sounded like when you have your clutch and accelerator in at the same time, and then would really struggle to move from the spot. Despite being an incredibly nippy car and fast off the mark before. I asked numerous people what they think it could be and most of them said clutch, some said accelerator cable, one said gear box. But ive looked it up on google and it does sound like the clucth. All im wondering is, is does the engine need taking out before fiiting a new clutch? or is it a little simpler, as my fiance would do it for me if its not gonna take up too much time.

This sounds like your clutch may have gone. I had the exact same problem with my Micra and I had actually been driving it with a broken clutch! I would go and get the clutch checked out as you may need a new one fitted. Hope this helps :)

Back