clutch pedal adjustment

Hi, sorry if this question's been answered somewhere already, but I’m new to the forum.

Picked up my 57 plate micra chic on saturday. I did notice as I drove away that the clutch pedal didn’t reach biting point until the very top, but thought that it should just be a cable adjustment. It wasn’t until I got home (150 miles later) that I found online that it is a hydraulic clutch.:doh:

So my question is, is the clutch pedal adjustable, as I think the clutch itself is fine as it does go into gear and doesn't slip.

Thanks David

That seems a bit of a design fault, they should come up with a replacement adjustable pedal or something.
I think the cars great and I can’t fault anything else. The trouble is my wife can’t drive it. With only having small feet, she can’t hold it at the top of the pedal travel for starting off a hill. A bit dangerous really. Someone else I talked to said that I could even go to the expense of getting a new £500 clutch and cylinder fitted at Nissan, but still have no guarantee that the biting point is any lower down.
It would be a last resort, but do you think I’d be able to take it back to the garage as not fit for purpose, if it can’t be driven.
Sorry for going on and moaning, but I should be in bed now, not up worrying about this...:(

Is the clutch section in this link the same as in the K12? http://www.atct.co.uk/data/05d40e/fwd.pdf
If so it mentions pedal adjustment here?

the pdf i have says 100mm before it engages and no adjustment david, but could maybe let some air into the system ?
some austin/rover cars had the same problem many moons ago (allegro etc), and they fitted a little round block with a rubber diaphram inside, which dropped the biting point down

Back