Clutch Adjustment?

Hi there,

I noticed that the clutch pedal is on the high side (same height as the brake pedal).

I have a looked there, and it is cable operated? (could someone confirm).

So is it just a case adjusting the clutch via the 2 nut on the cable?

Thanks
Ming

you can adjust the height via the bumpstop bolt on the pedalbox ming, you can also adjust the bitepoint via the nut on the gearbox end of the cable :grinning:

you can adjust the height via the bumpstop bolt on the pedalbox ming, you can also adjust the bitepoint via the nut on the gearbox end of the cable :grinning:

where is the nut on the gearbox end of the cable? is that inside the bonnet? i try to find that cable and i cant find it :(

its in the engine bay under the battery tray. you see a swing arm attached to the top of the gearbox, that's what the cable pulls on. the end of the cable is a bracket with a thumbscrew adjuster.
simply oil the thread abit, loosen the small locknut, turn the thumbscrew to adjust bite point: clockwise tightens cable to raise bite point, anti-clock loosens cable to lower bite point, then tighten the locknut to set.

its in the engine bay under the battery tray. you see a swing arm attached to the top of the gearbox, that's what the cable pulls on. the end of the cable is a bracket with a thumbscrew adjuster.
simply oil the thread abit, loosen the small locknut, turn the thumbscrew to adjust bite point: clockwise tightens cable to raise bite point, anti-clock loosens cable to lower bite point, then tighten the locknut to set.

Do you mean raise the bite point as in it makes it higher on the pedal? is the biting point not meant to be fairly low?

I don't mean to question your answer on this but I can't see how this will adjust the bite point ? I can see it adjusting the height of the pedal... therefore changing the bite point... but not adjusting the bite point WITHOUT affecting the pedal height?

Back