Clutch/flywheel advice during engine swap

wehey

Ex. Club Member
I will be performing surgery on the Micra soon and have been reading thro the Haynes so I know what to expect.
I have managed to get hold of a. 1.3 auto engine and have the following questions

1. I will have to swap the flywheel over from the 1.0L on to the 1.3. The Haynes says to mark the position of the flywheel in relation to the crankshaft.
How will I know I am installing it in the correct position on the new engine?

2. Will I need a flywheel holding tool or is there a way round this?

Thanks in advance :)

I will be performing surgery on the Micra soon and have been reading thro the Haynes so I know what to expect.
I have managed to get hold of a. 1.3 auto engine and have the following questions

1. I will have to swap the flywheel over from the 1.0L on to the 1.3. The Haynes says to mark the position of the flywheel in relation to the crankshaft.
How will I know I am installing it in the correct position on the new engine?

2. Will I need a flywheel holding tool or is there a way round this?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes.
iirc Chris and I just bolted it on. 6 bolts?

If I were to set both engines to TDC then mark the flywheel at say 6:00 o'clock on the 1.0L. Then remove and refit to the 1.3 in the same position ?? Would that work ??

I vaguely remember the chap in the Haynes manual making a flywheel holding tool from a bit of scrap metal (essentially just a ratchet bolted to the block). But this early in teh morning I can't think why you would need one. Enlighten me?

I vaguely remember the chap in the Haynes manual making a flywheel holding tool from a bit of scrap metal (essentially just a ratchet bolted to the block). But this early in teh morning I can't think why you would need one. Enlighten me?
I'm no expert lol but I would think that as you try to loosen the flywheel bolts the engine would turn so you need to lock it in position some how?

That'll be it. It was something like this....

flywheel locking tool.jpg

Back