clio 182 opinions

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
what are peoples opinions/thoughts/experiences with these cars?

2.0 ltr 4 pot with 182 bhp and about 140 lb/ft, are they good?

all comments welcome, including the usual 'its french' lol

:)

they are highly strung and french...... would touch with a barge pole sorry...and ive had two french cars...lol

expect for the clio V6 its the nicest looking french hatch IMO. they go like stink too, ive been in one.

They are great for the money. Build quality isnt its strongest point, but I couldnt care when it goes like a rocket. I took one for a test drive with my dad a few months ago, as he was considering upgrading to one (used to own a 172) :)

Around 10k brand new if you shop around too! Stupid star, stupidly quick :laugh:

Working for a Renault dealership and generally not liking renaults id say yes! if you offered me one id go for it, they are very quick little pocket rockets - actually quite reliable - most common thing is the coil which is a ten minute job - basically the electrical equivelant of a HT lead - it replaces the Dizzy.. suspension is quite good - nice and stiff and handles well!

Daz :alien:

but then again, id rather have a glanza. faster, and IMO better looking, and jap, more tunable.

nice looking cars and 182bhp aint gonna be slow, stick on a set of throttle bodies and you'll be over taking impreza's.

IMO nissan should have made the micra a hot hatch,

but nah i'd rather a 2.1 16v zvh series 2 rs turbo if i had the money, not something thats gonna lose value over time

test drove a few months back b4 i got my micra, liked the speed and look of the thing but its far too small (im 6 foot). i think the only issue is with reliability like i always said plus the seating position is not very nice.

I fancy getting a Clio 182 myself. They are proper quick little cars and the 2.0i engine is very well screwed together - there is a lot of extra power there waiting to be unlocked. Yea OK, so you got the usual guff about reliability and french cars, but who cares when it looks that good and goes that well?

jarthur05 said:
I fancy getting a Clio 182 myself. They are proper quick little cars and the 2.0i engine is very well screwed together - there is a lot of extra power there waiting to be unlocked. Yea OK, so you got the usual guff about reliability and french cars, but who cares when it looks that good and goes that well?

haha who cares?! say you bought a brand new one at £12999 (i have seen), you dont even need three years but in your first year of ownership 35-40% of that money will go down the drain already.

it keeps breaking down and you still dont care? even if you cant drive it you dont care? o_O

then again if money is no object then you wouldnt care but you wouldnt even have it on your list of cars you wanna buy. :blush:

the Clio182 Cup and the Mini Cooper are both on my shopping lists for a micra replacement. heh i like them both. alot!

thats the thing the clio has a rep for breaking down.

how true that is for the 182 i don't know.

yom, the 160 is faster and cheaper than a mini cooper heh heh, but the mini is better built :)

I don't like the look of the new Clio. Much prefer the old Sport models in that nice blue colour they did with the dark wheels.
Still, would much rather have a jap car, and i think my 160SR looks better (even though it's part French.Probably the window part:):))

hughes_16v said:
Id have one. regardless of been french or not, older french cars tend to be pants but no one really knows about the new ones.

Exactly. My mate runs a 5GT-T and so far, with the exception of a bit of rust, it has behaved perfectly. He has owned it for almost a year now and nothing major has gone wrong. This on a French car that is an E reg. So I refuse to believe that, if taken care of properly, the Clio can be that bad.

tse_adam said:
then again if money is no object then you wouldnt care but you wouldnt even have it on your list of cars you wanna buy. :blush:

Oh yes I would. Having been out in the K-Tec fettled 172 I absolutely would still have a Clio 172/182. It would be there, right next to my Cali Spyder.

dont get too carried away with the 182bhp...u could look at a diesel that could waste a 182 jus because of its torque - that said theres no doubt its a quick little hatch, but yeh - "its french" therefore id never own one :)

haha

JK

They are really nice cars - but i wouldn't have one tbh. I had one for 2 weeks while the silver K11 was away getting sorted out. it was rapid aye - but i dunno just wouldn't have one.

What about a CTR?

Titch said:
What about a CTR?

considered them to, just trying to keep around the 10k mark and the CTR is 12k+

although i really need to wait and see where i'm working next, as if i'm driving around the 160 will be easier on the wallet for fuel.

Dr Zoidberg said:
what are peoples opinions/thoughts/experiences with these cars?

2.0 ltr 4 pot with 182 bhp and about 140 lb/ft, are they good?

all comments welcome, including the usual 'its french' lol

:)
I have a 182 from January '05 .... not bad, nice to drive but you can find better ... I think
sisi.gif

apperently you get no rear leg room at all. But if you dont have 4 people in the car not a problem i guess. Yeah its fast, handles well and econemy is probably ok as long as you don't hammer it everywhere. But it won't be as reliable as a jap car :D

you considered a Lupo GTI? Bit small in the back but otherwise great car :). Goes well with TB's on it too.

what about a seat ibiza cupra r or the FR around 180bhp and the 130 bhp diesel has 329 pound of torque

I like the VW Polo GTI as well but unfortunately the rear end is just waaaay too girly for me. Kinda like the K12. :( Bit of a shame because otherwise i quite like both cars.

new Polo GTi would be too expensive and the old one is prone to gearbox problems which is very £££££

Back