what car should i get??

• civic

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • micra

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
well as you see i am considering my options now and have decided to get a micra or a honda civic, its a tough call so i would like your opinions on it?? my mate has a civic and its a nice car to drive so that is why this car has came to mind.......

Try this on CivicLife.net... lol

Im going to wait till 21+ because of insurance, also the fact im saving for the EK

This is what i want, just like in the fast & furious...

895f0420.jpg

I might be temped with green alloys if that was mine :p

EDIT: Green Neons, NOT alloys

fraz_micra_88 said:
lol thot you had lost it for a min, aye would look smart

But for now im loving the micra, should be getting my new grille from Richie soon, can't wait for that!

well uve had a micra... might asel go for the civic :) probly be best 2 shop about... no point in getting an unpowered civic if u cant afford the insurance

fraz_micra_88 said:
aye man need to see wats about

I've been through all that, trust me, its cheaper to wait till your 21, Civic's are not cheap to insure, its hard i know and its agony... but just keep telling yourself "one day"... whats what I do!

fraz_micra_88 said:
ano my mate is 2200 third party lol

Thats ridiculas, mine was £1300, I'd stick with the micra a bit longer, cheap, reliable, cheap to run, and lets have it, its not the worst looking car..

im in the same frame of mind..... i really really want another car... but at this point... not sure... ive got cheap car insurace on some fast cars.... but would rather be in a full time job to get one... easier to run :)

at the end of the day it boils down to what you use your car for? if you have kids id get the civic, its bigger so you would have more room to cart things about, i know your age is 18 and you mostly dont have kids but my brother at 18 had two kids lol

i want a bora next, love them but also been tempted by the polo 1.4 16v(100bhp)

go for what you can afford or what you want :D

micra man said:
I voted Civic, as they are better cars in terms of looks, performance and tuning and styling parts available for them. :)

Exaclty, that is the best reason, also...you go to a car show, and be garrenteed to see a large amount of Civic's...

I have had both a civic and a micra. Not sure what i prefer really, didn't own the civic that long. The engine i had was a 1.6 16 valve SOHC VTEC. The D16 block. its the little brother of the VTI's B16. For a big car it was pretty swift. Would keep up with a modified micra to 60, then leave it in the dust after that. Sound great too, but i think a nicely modified micra would be more fun, but maybe thats cos i got a soft spot for em :)

I would say Civic over the Micra too, although you will struggle to insure one. If your going to buy a Honda, do it right and buy the V-Tec

If your after a bigger car then have u thought of an Almera?? the 1.4 & 1.6 are ins group 5 :) iirc

The civics r da new corsa craps,saxslows.. all over the f***ing place!
and yes if u were to buy a civic,buy the DOHC V-tech not the SOHC.
wait till u can get insured cheaper on 1 too.

Umar

They are decent cars. insurance group 13 i think it was though, econemy is good if you stay out of the vtec too.

If you can efford it get one, but im quite suprised that the Micra is winning...

Why have people voted Micra? the Civic is 10000 times better!

thats what im thinking.. and y im waiting... if ur going to buy a fast car, get the faster one. U will kick ur self if u buy the slower one, and if u just waited a year u could of had the DOHC Vtec :)

Ian said:
its not always about just buying the fastest model, you gotta think of insurance and running costs, its why i went with the SOHC version, plus it was less then half of the price and still faster then a modded micra.

i would rather have the fastest model... better to mod. No point in getting the slowest and modding that.. Thats y no one really mods a 1ltr Micra, but if u wait abit... u wont be paying over the nose for insurance and who really cares about getting poo MPG? lol im busy readin up on rotary engines :D

i tried getting one, they are sooo rare in a good condition (up here anyways) and some of them are stupidly expensive for the age :|

Back