Honda Civic Type R

Titch

Micra K11ng
Hello all,

Have been considering getting one of the older Civic type R's as my next car. The Fiesta ain't that old, but the turbo has blown up on it already (only a 55 reg!) and i generally don't like it.

Been doing some quotes for a Civic and it seems my older age has its benifits as it ain't too bad. Put it this way, its cheaper for me to insure a Type R that it was for my old K11!!

Anyhoo - a few questions. Do they come standard with bucket seats and a 6 speed box?

Cheers - Titch :kungfu:

I've been thinking of the exact same thing titch, either that or an S14a.. 6 speed and buckets are standard yeah :)

Aye it is. Don't get me wrong, its a braw we car. Very nice to drive an amazingly economical - but just lacks character and appeal. Bit like my missus!

lol, anyway, YES buy one you will not regret it, if you can rustle some more cash together get a DC5 they are mint

lol, anyway, YES buy one you will not regret it, if you can rustle some more cash together get a DC5 they are mint

I know man - would love an Integra! But with two Mortgages to pay (one being the house, and the other my Missus shopping bills) - its a bit too much!

Will keep you all updated.
Rich

Aye it is. Don't get me wrong, its a braw we car. Very nice to drive an amazingly economical - but just lacks character and appeal. Bit like my missus!

your misses seemed alright last time she slept in my bed!

regarding the civic!

personally you can get better cars for the money!

i disagree civic type r is one of the best hot hatch you can buy, its a very good package and the only thing lacking is comfort/luxury which probably arent priorities anyway since you are looking for a fast hatch. EP i am talking though!

screw the type r, there common as scoobs! if your after a civic get a ek coupe b16, there sex on wheels! an almera gti (well pulsar vzr import with vvl)is basiclly the rival to the type r why not get one of them? still nissan ;)

These a type r by me which is running around the 200bhp mark.....wow! what a car! :wow:

are they not 200bhp standard???

saw a ek9 type r on my way to work this morning, personally i would buy one if i had the money. That or a DC2

well personally i find the ek9 type r more desirable than the newer ep type r, although they are almost the same price! and is said the ek9 holds its vaule better as it wasnt released in the uk! so JDM JDM!!! :p

Back