civic header on micra.

hi ,
i'm looking in to getting a 4-2-1 for my 94 1.3, but janspeeds seem unfindable over here. i can however get a cheap never used 4-2-1 for 1.5-1.6 civic's etc. would it be possible to fit this (after of course changing the flanges to fit the micra ) . would the distance that the exhaust drops, and the curve it makes be similar to a micra? maybe someone's done this before ?

greets, Jonathan

so a saxo/106 4-2-1 should be a close match ? ok, so i knoz what to look out for . polo 4-2-1's are rarer i think ? or do they have something similar stock ?

i found a new saxo 4-2-1.near here for 200 euro. i saw a secondhand one for 80, but it looked a bit too rusty to cut and weld again.
i'll try to measure the exhaust on the car a bit , and then the one in the shop. i hope it'llbe close and fit without too much hassle .
i'll post update here so other people can maybe try this .

To make it simple. Take a gasket with you :) its easier to lay a gasket over and see how they fit rather than fiddling with manifolds

Here's a polo one for reference
1385204293805.jpg

Originally posted by quickdraw
---------------------------------
to be able to replace the original existing side repeators/indicators for new clear/smoked/modified side repeators, copy as follows:

1: gently twist the side repeator anti-clockwise (this may have been stuck down, so gently increase pressure untill movement
2:eek:nce indecator has turned this should pull straight towards you and away from the wing
3: pull cable all the way out until you reach the connection block, remove this from the hole aswell..
depending on which style of side repeator you have purchased this may be as follows:
for repeators with similar connection block

1: unclip the connection block from old existing repeator and replace with new repeator
2: re-place the indecator into its correct position making sure all cable is tucked back in.
(slight body work may be required or the use of a sticky pad may be required for this stage.
for repeators that dont have connection block
1: using a pair of wire snips and wire strippers cut the existing cable shielding at a conveniant length and srtrip to bare cable
2: strip the new cable shielding back to bare cable
3: connect the corrosponding cables together using sufficiant means I.E. connection blocks
4: re-place the new repeator and cabling back intot the existing hole, again slight body work or the use of a sticky pad may be required

test the repeators before making a journey
random quote, tried to quote frank @James

ok i went to the shop yesterday but they were closed.. but from reading here , the 8v model exhaust should fit better ?
also
also , the one i was looking at is a 2 piece i think ? , so sump clearance shold be able to be dealt with more easily, by either cutting or adding some a length of pipe .

http://www.2dehands.be/auto-onderde...pl=8000+Brugge&locale=all&pc_id=783&start=105

i'll try to post a wanted ad on the dutch forum , maybe someone therehas a leftover janspeed :)
or if anyone is willing to ship me one , you can always contact me of course .

Back