Flat Battery On Micra

My Micra has a flat battery. Its a pretty new battery (less than 3yrs old from KwikFit) with a 4 year guarantee.

Car has been sat idle for a couple of months on my driveway. Got some booster cables and it starts the engine, took it for a brief 5 minute spin (cant go too far as its technically declared SORN) so a few laps around my private garden and then left on idle.

Try to start again the next day and its flat, so I assume the battery is knackered.

The car will be un-SORN within the next few days, so i'll be able to drive it to Kwik-Fit (if I can find my receipt).

Will it definetely be the battery, or is there anything else on the car that can cause the battery to go flat, or not start the car?

Is it an option just to take the battery out and take it to Kwik Fit tomorrow to get sorted? I'd like to get it on the road ASAP so I can get it serviced, washed and sold.

Without a proper run down some roads etc. you won't get any charge in the battery and could die even after just running it.

OK, so from the looks of things, the battery may be fine. It just went flat after not being used for a couple of months, and because I haven't taken it for a long run, the battery is not getting charged?

The only reason I was concerned, is because in the past I have left the car for several weeks at a time, and it always started first time, everytime. Infact its never not failed to start in the 12years i've had it, apart from one day 3 years ago when I had to replace the battery!

I'll take it for a long run tonight. Rather then paying £2.99 for a tester, dont kwik fit do this for free? obviously some will try to sell you a new battery but mine should still be in warranty.

Back