Cherrybomb exhaust

Has anyone put a cherrybomb on their Micra k11? Do they just fit right on with a clamp or do you need to change stuff over? Does the original muffler come off easily or will it be a sawing jobby?

Cherrybombs really appeal to me because I can get hold of a new one for £45 and they look great so if anyone knows about other back box upgrades for that price, please let me know.

Thanks

best to chop the pipe off the rear of your original box and find one that fills the gap and weld it up. Do love a cherry bomb though - I've got an 8" glasspack on the mini.

Ive got one on mine but it was a pain to fit and has melted my bumper! But does really sound nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had two now on mine, sounded really good, both on straight through systems, this was my last system i haven't heard my new set up as im out of the country at mo, if your using it for track days watch the db's, ive got clobbered a couple of times so had to make an insert to quieten her down a bit!

Not on a micra but I put one on the ka, sounded nice, 3" slash cut I think it was an looked spot on. Fitting it I hacksawed through the old back box pipe and used gun gum and one of them u-clamp things with the two nuts to tighten. Had to make a new mount tho, on the ka I just got a block with 2 m10 holes and bolted one through the boot floor and the other at 90degrees to the and used one of the round holder things round the main tube and bolted that to the block.

Used a different box for the micra but I would mind getting a cherry bomb on this. Although now I can weld I would do a better job.

Think that will be a project for future when its all back running. Thinking of making a 4-1, keep the front cat then straight through to the bomb :)

I made one but a 3" rolld tail piece off ebay £15 I cut standard box because that's a rail hard bend 2 match that goes over the axel so that's why ur best to cut standard box if ur micra doesn't have cut out on bumper cherry bomb not much good plus wb hangers am in Ireland are I'd sell u mine it bangs and rattles sounds well but police made me take it off because I was youseing limmiter as a horn lol

A cherry bomb is just an exhaust system... Maybe not even a system just the back box. They've been around for donkeys years. My dad had one on his car when he was my age!

Back