Charged by the Traffic

Titch

Micra K11ng
Well as the title says :(

Was at the Dundee crusie last night and was heading up with my mates. Was tearing off from a roundabout, and then later on i got pulled and fined for 67 in a 50.

Ok - i admit it, i was speeding and i'm a tit - so 3points and a £60 - BUT!
He did me for my lights and numberplate and its lights.

I know i'm to have red relflectors but hey i cant give birth to one at the side of the road so what am i meant to do??
And my numberplate is meant only for a bike so was told to take that off, and the light is illegal cause it goes off when i brake, so he think it looks like a police car. Yea right you fanny.

So wasn't happy to say the least, but not sure whats going to come of the rest of it. Any ideas?
Titch :(

RE: Chagred by the Traffic

*shakes head*
As i said in the last post, when driving a modified car, you are MUCH more likely to get pulled, so just make sure your 100% legal... jeese.

If you werent speeding you wouldnt have got pulled, and the number plate *IS* for a bike, you can get a square car plate, which is differnt to that of yours...

there just w****** and out to make money out of us they done me 3 points and £60 for going through an amber light (both of them said it was red)

Dusk said:
*shakes head*
As i said in the last post, when driving a modified car, you are MUCH more likely to get pulled, so just make sure your 100% legal... jeese.

If you werent speeding you wouldnt have got pulled, and the number plate *IS* for a bike, you can get a square car plate, which is differnt to that of yours...

Yea - i know man, got an example of a car square plate?

Look for a standard March rear numberplate.. that is the legal size.
www.google.com

And as for the other items in your first post, i would rectify them before you get caught again, that is usually the case.
Unless they caught you speeding you could contest it, unless you admitted to it already... *Shrugs*

titch, join the club mate. Ive got untill Frifay to sort out my back end and so far ive only managed to sort the number plate light out and thats bout it, the LED's i ordered stil havent arrived.

Funnily enuff when i got pulled he mentioned the fact i had no reflectors but told me he would let me off? Well actually he said your reflectors are white but just get the brake lights and driving lights sorted. I bought a number plate light thing off ebay n whacked that on, doesnt loo as good but does the job. Just need to ring ULtra LED's up tomorrow n sort my lights out.

Oh and i got a multipack of red reflectors from pundland :p all different shapes and sizes, now im unsure about where to put em but correct me if im wrong your not allowed to stick em on ur numberplate are you?

Titch said:
I know i'm to have red relflectors but hey i cant give birth to one at the side of the road so what am i meant to do??

not being funny man, but you should have got the red reflectors before you fitted the lights

and with ur plate, heres a pic--yours is the top or the right one, the one you have to have is the bottom left

cc-specailsizeframes.jpg

I knew my bike plates were illegal so i chucked them, the fact they're 'bike' plates gives it away slightly!

Have you been given any time e.g 7 days to fix the problems and get them approved, or have you already been fined for it

Never got anything from him, like no bits of papaer or anything. I know i'll get the speeding fine, which i accept, but its the rest that annoys me.
anyway - will let you know what happens

Had a good chat to titch yesterday, hopefully it will just be the speeding fine that comes thru, as im sure with the lights he shud have had a producer there and then to show there was action being taken and that he needed to get them sorted out.

With the speedign its set in stone, fina and points, the thing thats getting to titch is that he knows nothing about the lights, fine, points, producer or wot, so anything cud happen.

Chin up mate...

Sorry to hear about this!

It's helped me though, not getting the square plates now and red reflectors going on asap (especially as my copped mate mentioned my car is illegal soon as he saw it other day)

some traffic cops can be a real pain - with a couple of exceptions. I have motorbike sized lettering - its allowed on the ST purely as its an import.

RE: RE: Charged by the Traffic

Layla said:
i got stopped for having a faded breaklight. it wasnt out, or randomly green or raping grannies on the roadside. apparently driving home from work at 10pm is illegal these days. or their shift was boring

i dont think driving home is illegal, faded brake lights are a hazard to yourself and others, who else would inform you about a faded brake light other than the police? unless you checked it yourself then you wouldnt no, then if there was an accident, say someone going into the back of you, when the police check your car because the guy didnt see you brake lights, BAM all your fault, i'd have thanked them for telling me tbh,

yer i guess you are, but realy the copper was informing you of something you didnt no about you car, thats all i was saying

Well iv been looking into this a wee bitty, and iv seen several cars with square plates, as standard - some jeeps come with them, Shoguns come with them, Taxis come with them so they can put there licence plate next to their reg plate, and iv seen several modded cars around my way with them! Including team nova with one at front and back...

Daz :alien:

its the shape and size of the plate, the onese on cars are different to those on motorbikes, the ones on motorbikes are smaller

Was it the rear number plate lighting that was a problem?

I saw it at JAE at night (blue LED), and have to say that I couldnt read your plate at all......! :(

MicraK10 said:
Theres you saying im stupid for racing... :p

I was speeding, not racing. Anyway, i have no time for you, so go get a life.

Retepetsir said:
Was it the rear number plate lighting that was a problem?

I saw it at JAE at night (blue LED), and have to say that I couldnt read your plate at all......! :(

Yea, i know. It never worked as it should because it completely missed the plate. He wasnt bothered that it didn't light up the plate, he was annoyed that it was blue. Have sorted it now tho, and have got my standard lights on the back also, so should have no more problems. Car is booked into powerflow for the exhaust to get sorted tomorrow, so hopefully the wasp will bugger of to!

micrak10, theres a difference between speeding and racing, like how if you get caught speeding you'lget 3points and a 60pound fine, if you get caught racing you'l have your car taken off you there and then, get a on the spot fine and get a court summons, probley a ban and about 3-9points

Right - Update.

Got a letter from the Fiscal this morning saying what my offences were. Now i have to go to Court on the 20th to see what i'm gonna get. I think this is the boggest pile of ####. Can't they jst fine me and be ####ing done with it?? ####ING DUNDEE!!

you mite get lucky depending on the big boss man that deals with you,

my mates both got caught speeding at the same time doing 110mph on m1,,both went to court but on seperate days with different judge,,one got a ban and retest,,one got 6 points and fine,and still driving,,

you could get lucky :)

edited,,, :p

scottish law does seem to be even harsher than englands, thats unfortunate mate but you'll learn from it i suppose i also hate the traffic cops they are a pain and i swear they have it in for me ever since i put that damn whiteline gear on, you can travel fast and safe but to them it looks unsafe as you can go warp speeds round courners and still be totally stable on the road.

good luck with the hearing mate

oo!!! come visit!!! i'll make you tea! if you come tonight, we're having an anne summers party in the flat and we'll force you to model the PVC nasties! i mean er... good luck titch :S

i recon titch would be well up for that layla but hey ive only met him twice-lol

:D

FAO layla u wantin to come to this NW meet im goin down n will take you down if u like im from glasgow so all you need to do is get here-lol

i would but im off out tonight in my off road 4X4-lol

im sure it wont be as much fun as bein wit u ladies but u stay in dundee n im skint:(

so how bout it u fancy the meet?

:D

the north west one? naa mate, got company from the north east that weekend. next one maybe. or some random scottish one if i can get either a car or a lift lol

ricardo_swarez said:
micrak10, theres a difference between speeding and racing, like how if you get caught speeding you'lget 3points and a 60pound fine, if you get caught racing you'l have your car taken off you there and then, get a on the spot fine and get a court summons, probley a ban and about 3-9points

i didnt know that its a good job i read, actually but i cant stop myself been involved in traffic light gran prix with chavs tho.

good luck titch, i no i dont no u but good luck anyway

i hope it aint too bad mate, if it is the worst outcome then there are certain silver linings to everything, chip up fella.

Back