Changing the clutch cable

Hello again. I've been driving with my new clutch for sometime now and my micra has been working like a dream, but a couple of days ago I while stopping at traffic lights I pushed the clutch in and it made this small noise (can't describe it too well) and my clutch didn't come back up. I can pull it up by hand ofc but it does nothing, so I'm pretty sure it's the clutch cable? How big of an operation is it to change one if it indeed is my cable?

its a 5 minute job with practice niko :) hook the end over the pedal first eh

I was taking a quick peak earlier because some1 said 1 option is that the cable has not snapped, but just gotten unattached (RIP english but you hopefully understand what I'm tryin to say). So I took a look but I didn't really understand what I was looking at, I was trying to look for the cable that goes to the pedal itself, but couldn't find it, where might it be exactly?

E: What might I need if replacing is needed? Jack's? What I might need to take off to reach the needed areas?

I was taking a quick peak earlier because some1 said 1 option is that the cable has not snapped, but just gotten unattached (RIP english but you hopefully understand what I'm tryin to say). So I took a look but I didn't really understand what I was looking at, I was trying to look for the cable that goes to the pedal itself, but couldn't find it, where might it be exactly?

E: What might I need if replacing is needed? Jack's? What I might need to take off to reach the needed areas?
it just hooks onto the top of the pedal mate, you may need to slacken the g/box end off a bit (10mm nut and thumbscrew under the battery) then unhook that end, then you have enough slack in the cable to unhook the pedal end, (more by feel than by looks) :)

PC260255.JPG

it just hooks onto the top of the pedal mate, you may need to slacken the g/box end off a bit (10mm nut and thumbscrew under the battery) then unhook that end, then you have enough slack in the cable to unhook the pedal end, (more by feel than by looks) :)

View attachment 26812

FIXED! The cable end in the engine bay had gotten unattached for some reason, yay!

Aaaaaand.... My battery died. Goddammit all these little problems that I'm having. I have been sometimes sensing a smell of rotten eggs when going high rpm's and stuff so I googled what it might be (this happened 2 days ago) and it said it might be my cat doing work or it might be the battery.. I guess it was the battery then. Didn't even take a peak inside yet, too frustrated.. Glad it died basically next to my house (it died while starting it, not while riding) I'll take a look when I can, but I'm pretty sure the battery is gone

the cats dont tend to smell any more niko, (modern low sulfur fuel apparently) so it sounds like your alternator is overcharging ?

the cats dont tend to smell any more niko, (modern low sulfur fuel apparently) so it sounds like your alternator is overcharging ?

Oh, well, I learn every day don't I :p But if it is the alternator, how big of a mess I'm in? It tends to do that only when I'm.. well.. pushing it too far which I tend do too much I guess, so If I just somehow contain myself and drive like a gramma, I should be OK?

I wont bother making a new thread since I can use this one, so I have this bumber http://imgur.com/UZBcixD,omM7TrF,NqE86zP#2 (note there's 3 pics there not just 1), which was on the car earlier but it was just attached to the cars own bumber and looked pretty silly like you can imagine, (it might look silly anyways, but I'd like to give it a try :p) I have pics of the bumber on the ca when it was... well ****ed basically (dark blue headlights films, fcking SKYLINE SPOILER, and other **** I don't even want to talk about) and it looks appealing to me, but the fact that it's just on top of the original bumber and you definetly can see it, made me take it off earlier.. (Oh yeah, and the aftermarket bumber is approximately the same size as the original, it had to be stretched pretty hard to make it fit on top of the original one when it was on it)

So to the point: What do I need to get the front bumber off? I'd take a look myself but I just got the idea and it's dark outside + I most likely won't find all the bolts holding it anyways on my own

I wont bother making a new thread since I can use this one, so I have this bumber http://imgur.com/UZBcixD,omM7TrF,NqE86zP#2 (note there's 3 pics there not just 1), which was on the car earlier but it was just attached to the cars own bumber and looked pretty silly like you can imagine, (it might look silly anyways, but I'd like to give it a try :p) I have pics of the bumber on the ca when it was... well ####ed basically (dark blue headlights films, fcking SKYLINE SPOILER, and other #### I don't even want to talk about) and it looks appealing to me, but the fact that it's just on top of the original bumber and you definetly can see it, made me take it off earlier.. (Oh yeah, and the aftermarket bumber is approximately the same size as the original, it had to be stretched pretty hard to make it fit on top of the original one when it was on it)

So to the point: What do I need to get the front bumber off? I'd take a look myself but I just got the idea and it's dark outside + I most likely won't find all the bolts holding it anyways on my own

Älä!

Regarding the smell, It could be one of the headlamp connectors that is melting? When mine melted it smelled horrible :p

Back