changing shocks

hi i have a micra k11 m reg and one of my front shocks have gone, can anyone tell me if this is quite easy as a diy job??

also do you need to remove the spring from around the shock ok can you remove the shock without removing the spring?

many thanks

Quite a simple job if you have basic mechanical knowledge.... 4 bolts holding it to the car, 1 bolt holing the spring on, but you will need spring compressors to remove spring....Good luck.

i cant find the thread but this is the spanner you need

Elliptical-Bi-Hexagonal-Ring-Spanner-Deep-Offset.jpg

could someone please give me simple a step-by step as i really like to do things myself, i have a haynes manual but i find it hard to understand

many thanks

you wont need spring comepressor. if you lucky and your bolts arent rusted to hell, you gonna be fine! you dont need a guide its straight forward job.

to change the complete leg there are 2 x 17mm nuts and bolts ben, 2 x 12mm nuts on top, and a clip that you slide off the brakepipe bracket
attachment.php

Attachments

• copy of SDC10461.JPG
    copy of SDC10461.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 304
hello
does anyone know how to adjust my shocks?

i think that they are adjusted with hex key in this hole.
(picture)

You should really start a new thread rather than hijacking this one. That hex 'hole' is so that you can hold the bolt in place while you undo the nut by the looks.

how did you get on ben?

did you even read the OP and who it was writen by?? come on mate, have some respect for the author of this thread and start you own if you have your own questions.

I was asking how 'ben' (the person who origenaly started this thread) had gotten on with his shock changing...

Back