shocks

R

Ray1

Hi everyone..did a quick search on the forums about shocks but couldnt find anything... how do you know if your shocks are gone/going?.. basically i think mine are on way out, they make a creaky sound when goin over bumps etc but drives fine.. ive done the 'push down on the bonnet test' but dont no how to judge the outcome etc.. its seem ok but not sure... any ideas welcome, thanks

the girlfriends car has been like that from the day we bought it. its always creaking and squeking on bumps etc.etc. and worse on speed ramps.

never thought much about it till i read this, but how would you elimate what is is or isnt, thanks

this happened to mine - basically if it is the shocks, they are cabbaged! The oil is coming out causing the squeaking. Only way to fix it is to replace them. I found it was worth the money upgrading to gas KYB's instead. If i remember correctly it might have ven been cheaper as they wanted stupid money for the proper ones.

As you mentioned, the way to test is to push up and down on the bonnet corners and see if you can hear it - it is possible that it could be the wishbones so check them all over, and give em a spray of WD40 - if no joy ur shocks are cream crackered

Big_ben said:
it is possible that it could be the wishbones so check them all over, and give em a spray of WD40 - if no joy ur shocks are cream crackered

thanks for replies.. il wd40 the wishbines..only trouble is i dont no what they looklike! lol im gettin oil changed weekend so il get the guy to have a quick look

thanks

this is what your looking for :D

10-what_wishbone.jpg

Back