cg13 revving up and down

mine went through a phase of doing that, on gas (so it was,nt a fueling problem eh) it disappeared when i re-connected the injector plugs and cut the speed sensor wire (so the ecu was probably in confusion mode :p)

Nah just randomly started doing it- at tick over and if you put your foot on the gas to say 1100rpm it will rev 1000-1200rpm?! where is this speed sensor wire Frank? is it worth disconnecting (cutting) that to see if it sorts it? Rob 3 mate the lamba sensor is still connected but the cat has been knocked out along time ago. janspeed is going on soon and no one else on here has any problems like this due to the exhaust?

i cut my speed sensor wire behind the dash ferritboy :wasntme: but mine,s on gas tho eh, and i think the ecu was getting confused by the injectors not functioning (it would cut out if i coasted, and hunt up and down while stationary)
it behaves fine now but its off the scale rich all the time now i,ve changed the exh cam :eek:
yours might just be the throttle position sensor needing setting maybe ?

yeah i could try that, i do have 1600 injectors in atm but this problem has only just started, with all the same symtoms as yours..... like cutting out when coasting but only some times. The throttle position sensor is the allen key screw and 8mm nut where the throttle cable ends up by the TB? or is it somewhere else?

The throttle position sensor is the allen key screw and 8mm nut where the throttle cable ends up by the TB? or is it somewhere else?

its on the end of the throttle spindle FB, and should read .5v when closed iirc, i would try re-fitting the stock injectors for a day or so tho personally (i think those need a better f/p/r valve fitted to make them run properly)

little update on this went to refit the 1.3 injectors but found that the magnet and/or electric coil have packed up inside them probably due to sitting around so long. So when the pump was on they just ####ed out fuel and flooded the bores. Had to keep the 1.6 in for now until i go down to breakers at the week end. But have messed about withe the throttle position sensor and idle control,
When fitting 1600 injectors is there anything else that should be done along with this or just plug in and go?

Attachments

• fuelinjector.jpg
    fuelinjector.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 274
i think you,ll find that the 1.6 injectors overfuel at low revs FB, you might be able to lower the fuelpressure at manifold high vacuum with a decent fuel pressure relief valve ? (a sard or whatever)

Back