CG13 Piper Fast Road Cams

Hello, due to an upgrade my Piper fast road cams are up for sale.

Covered under 600 miles to date, found them to be very good on a mildley tuned engine, power band not that high that a massive amount of rev's are needed to get the most from them.

Will need to be shimmed to correct valve clearence by either new shims or underbacket shims / top hats etc

£210 posted to the UK

Any questions please dont hesitate to ask :)

DSCF0004.jpg

ah very good, not too many revs too get some use either... sounds rather good, how much are shims and everything? :D

ah very good, not too many revs too get some use either... sounds rather good, how much are shims and everything? :D

Nope you dont have to rev the backside off it Squizza :)

The shims from Nissan are about 6-7 each depending on the size you'll need, you could grind you own down to fit under the shim buckets instead.

(Id through the ones i have in mate but a) they might not be the right size for you and B) there is a flaw in the metal on two shims i know of i dont want to risk the rest n possibly destroy somes head!)

I'm such a noob tho mate I look at this wanna do it, but getting everything I need and the right bits is a very difficult confusing nitemare... btw sorry for hijacking the thread :rolleyes:

I'm such a noob tho mate I look at this wanna do it, but getting everything I need and the right bits is a very difficult confusing nitemare... btw sorry for hijacking the thread :rolleyes:

No appologies needed bud, Piper change the base circle of the cam when they regrind them (basically makes it smaller) so you need thicker shims to bring them back into tollerance :)

ah starting to understand so if I were to buy, I'd just get appropiate shims, then fit? and a rough guess 5-10 horses more or is that a daft guess?

ah starting to understand so if I were to buy, I'd just get appropiate shims, then fit? and a rough guess 5-10 horses more or is that a daft guess?

Thats it Squizza, Not a daft guess mate.. Piper say its a 8 HP gain but that might be optomistic.. id say more like 5-7

Back