NEW Piper Fast Road Cams

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Got a set of Piper Fast Road Cams, have been fitted to measure clearances but have never been in the engine when running, so as new.

I want £150 collected for these, CG engine K11, both 1.0 and 1.3, no offers, they're £230ish new

how much are the shims?

You will need to measure the clearances, and shim sizes when you fit these, and fit shims before you can run the engine. You can buy blank top hat shims from Piper I believe, I'm not sure whether Ed can get them.

You will then need to find a company to machine them for you.

The shims are complete replacments for the nissan oem ones. They dont sit in like round disks, they are top hat type that you will need to measure your clearances and then have them cut to the right height. Its not as hard as it sounds :)

The shims are complete replacments for the nissan oem ones. They dont sit in like round disks, they are top hat type that you will need to measure your clearances and then have them cut to the right height. Its not as hard as it sounds :)

im only saying, "but i havent got a clue" :-(........no body has mentioned an ECU upgrade....so guessing that is not needed?

i found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shim

but if its possible to run through the steps about the "shims" and fitting and cutting them into a micra, that would be of great help.....sorry for being annoying!

napster

not really needed no, the cams aren't that wild, run on the standard cam timing. You will obviously get a bigger gain from an ecu and re-map but not necessary.

You must measure the clearances and shims as described in the haynes manual.

You can NOT grind the shims down yourself, it must be done professionally, it's VERY much precision engineering.

So it's just a matter of measuring the sizes needed, taking the blank shims to an engineering company and telling them what they need to be.

not really needed no, the cams aren't that wild, run on the standard cam timing. You will obviously get a bigger gain from an ecu and re-map but not necessary.

You must measure the clearances and shims as described in the haynes manual.

You can NOT grind the shims down yourself, it must be done professionally, it's VERY much precision engineering.

So it's just a matter of measuring the sizes needed, taking the blank shims to an engineering company and telling them what they need to be.

the very last paragraph is whats confusing me the most.....plus im not sure if im mechanically minded to be taking out parts from my engine :-(

i know that probably sounds stupid or something, but i actually dont have that much knowledge (which is why im writting this :) ) so i can understand hopefull more.

im not sure which company i would go to and not sure what measurement would need to be cut off......again probably somepeople are saying "just measure it" or something but just "measuring it" could be very hard???

i wish "eds" company, was just up the road :)

sorry

Yes I could. I would need to speak to my machinists for a price however.

Back