CG10-CG13 DIY

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
I am really suprised there is not an in detail CG10 to CG13 conversion guide... (unless i have not found it)

I know its real easy and ''just bolts in'' etc etc but i am curious to see pictures and something to follow would be cool :)

Let me know if i have been looking in the wrong place using Search!

its because there are different ways of doing it basically dougy, some lift the engine out the top, some drop it down, some remove the g/box too etc :)

its because there are different ways of doing it basically dougy, some lift the engine out the top, some drop it down, some remove the g/box too etc :)
I am curious to see different ways then :)

When i get around to doing mine, i will leave the current gearbox in and use the Cg10 fly

If I carnt get a crane I normally drop the box off first and pull it out of the passenger side arch. Then drop the engine out and pull it out the drivers side arch. On a skateboard :)

i always pull the g/box to one side and hump the engine over the cross member dougy (shafts, starter etc in situe)

69835.jpg
65705.jpg

not changed from a 1.0 to a 1.3 but when i took my 1.0 out for repairs just took the bonnet off seperated from the gbox and lifted it out the top strapped to a bit of wood then the gbox just kinda chilled on some wooden blocks on the floor until the engine went back in and it all got hooked back up :p

Started mine yesterday just need to finish it of today put back mount on an give it a service oil etc took this before I started stripping everything :)
myna3u7u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little bit of advice for people doing conversion, if you put a march 1.3 engine into a micra you will have to change the coolant sensors around as I ran into this problem my temp gauge just kept flying up into red but it's all fixed now, serious difference in power from the cg10 especially with 1ltr flywheel an gearbox ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has eney one thot bout building 1.0gears in2 1.3 box so you can keep bigger 1.3 clutch as I have 3 clutched in in 2 mounths there ripping the padding off the clutch plate it's self good job theres 2 year warranty on it lol

Has eney one thot bout building 1.0gears in2 1.3 box so you can keep bigger 1.3 clutch as I have 3 clutched in in 2 mounths there ripping the padding off the clutch plate it's self good job theres 2 year warranty on it lol
Facelift 1.0 dizzy gearboxes use the bigger 1.3 clutch anyway and have similarly short ratios.

Back