CG wiring in a K10?

jamier2007

Ex. Club Member
Ive got my cg13 engine in the K10. But whilst im waiting for my carb manifold and megajolt. What wires and bits and pieces do i need to run it on the injection? I have a complete k11 at my house which i can rob all the bits from, but it is nats :/
Any help would be most appreciated

I don't suppose there's a wiring diagram of the ecu pinouts is there?! And i assume I'm going to need to get a pre hats ecu?

3 ways of doing this (well several actually)

1st as frank suggested non nats ecu and loom
2nd if you have a complete k11 at your disposal use the bits from that, to get round the nats either,
use all the bits from your car and get the key and tape it to the nats pickup ring and hide it away,
or get one of thise nats disabled ecu's off ED @ fusion Motorsport

I'm going to dig out the loom of the k11 loom on the weekend and see how much more difficult it is to use a nats loom rather than pre nats

yeah nats loom was a ball ache for me thats why i ditched it and went for a non-nats so much easier :) took me all of 20mins to wire it in

nothing really to be carefull of mate. if you get a pre-nats loom its easy as hell. my project thread on here (sr20budsproject) has a few pics on it that kev (machisan) did for me i spent about 1hour studying his guide then i started wiring it in it literally took me 20mins. its very easy. me and kev only got the engine to dash loom and thats all you need really. i made the mistake of getting a nats loom to begin with and im glad i swapped for non nats.

Ive just got a high pressure fuel pump. Is it alright to use it in the engine bay? Or does it have to be nearer the tank with new fuel lines etc.?
Jamie

I'll grab some fuel house from work and stick it as close as possible to the tank i guess. I might get away with using a coil holder to mount it

Thanks frank. If its any help then i can get you pictures from my racer, it really is very simple to do. Only thing i would advise for you is that you run a relay for the pump and run it from an ignition feed and fuse the lot properly. I run mine via a separate switch by the hand brake that i can shut off instantly but thats just personal preference and not really practical for a road car

Reason for the pumps being close to the tank is because they dont really like pulling fuel too far along the lines, it causes them to work alot harder than they should. Much better at creating pressure than they are at overcoming it ;)

For the pump I was just going to pull the fuel lines out the peeping slot in the boot and put the pump in the boot. I can't see why this would have a problem. It's close to the tank and got plenty of open air?!
And I went down the breakers today to pull out a loom. And then the penny dropped... I don't know how to tell the difference between a nats vs non nats. So the best attempt I made was looking for transponders on the key Barrell. Anyone shed any light?

yes the nats ones have a black box attached to the barrel, a smaller box and only 4 wires on the earlier nats 2, and a bigger box with 7 or 8 wires on the later nats (5?)

Right, ive plugged all the loom onto the engine, ecu is all attached and earths etc. And from what the posts ive read i have connected 3 wires to the live. The yellow/black, green/white and white/green. But it still doesn't have a spark :/
Is there anything ive missed off?
Jamie

you,ve fitted the 3 earths on the engine jamie ?
and coolant temp sensor plug can be confused with the smaller dizzy plug

There was 4 little earths coming out the loom?! Are there 3 others ive missed? Also I'm pretty sure ive got the coolant plug right because it was bunched together with the oil pressure

They got cut off at the breakers. So i resolded them all into 2 new ring terminals on the back of the head. I'll take a picture in a sec. But apart from that I'm not sure what else it could be. Its got all the k10 starter/alternator loom attached. Is that a good or bad thing?

i had that same issue. iirc there was a 4th wire that went to live i cant remember which tho. its either a 4th wire or maybe i mistaken it for one of the lives i really cant remember.

im not sure mate im just looking at the pics kev posted on my thread to try and sus out which one it was. i know i had 3 lives from kevs guide hooked up and i never got a spark then i remember cutting another wire out and hooking it up then i got spark. im fairly sure it was the same colour as one of the lives so i might of got it mixed up for something else. have you got wiring diagrams? i had some on my laptop i have no idea how to get them off cause my screen is smashed. i think noddie emailed them to me so ill have a look its gonna take me a hour or so tho cause ive got something like 15000 emails lol

Yeh cheers mate. But ive looked at everybodies threads and i think ive got it exactly the same.. I don't suppose anyone knows the wiring diagram for the dizzy plug?! Just so i can see with a multi meter which feed is missing. There is some live coming through the plug. But i don't want to start mega probing and shorting stuff together. Haha

Hahaha. Thanks for the optimism ;)
But i still think i must not have a wire connected somewhere :/
What's the black box in the engine loom out of interest?!

Maybe its a signal wire somewhere else in the system :/ Because lord lucan was using a k11. Rather than a k10 with k10 loom and a tad of k11?!

I haven't gone through and checked everything yet. But the engine was working perfectly when i took it out my old micra

im not sure mate im just looking at the pics kev posted on my thread to try and sus out which one it was. i know i had 3 lives from kevs guide hooked up and i never got a spark then i remember cutting another wire out and hooking it up then i got spark. im fairly sure it was the same colour as one of the lives so i might of got it mixed up for something else. have you got wiring diagrams? i had some on my laptop i have no idea how to get them off cause my screen is smashed. i think noddie emailed them to me so ill have a look its gonna take me a hour or so tho cause ive got something like 15000 emails lol

It would be great if you could dig that diagram out

hi mate i found them diagrams but for some reason they wont save to my comp from my emails. ill try again later on. i definately think your having the same issue as me. it is hard to describe but it was definately a mix up with wiring. i think it might of been a white/green wire iirc i think there was 2 the same colour or one was just white and one white/green i know for definate i mixed them up.

are you just using the engine loom or the whole dash/interior/engine loom? cause i used just the engine loom and wired into the k10 loom. so we might be on different wave lengths here?

Back