rwd cg13de

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
i no this is not a micra but a good freind of mine has a ke70 toyota corolla 1983 with a 4k engine and we got talkin on the net about his plans on buildnt up the old pushrod 4k(i still think there cool but im just not into carbs for daily driver)and i said to him he could buy my old cg13de and use that. now it sounds like a hairbrain thing but the more we looked into it the more possible it looks.ok.
1. micra inlet manifold doesnt have to be changed for rwd
2. they weigh 58kg
3. lots of nissans share comon gearbox bellhousing eg. whitys got a E15et box and the A12/15 series is very close to this. and because of the fact that in old dattos 5 speeds were kinnda rare and expensive there is an adapter for mounting a A12 to a t50(ae86),k50(my freinds box)

SO. take one cg13de + A12 to T50 adapter + t50.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
sounds to easy, but there is some set backs
1. finding an adapter
2. the distrubiter is at the back
3. custom engine mounts

and really they are no big issues as if u cant find an adapter u can order new from dellow or as im not sure but i think a sr20 or ca18 RWD box might work.
the distrubiter could be moved (a bitch but possible,popular here for 4age v in ae86 to keep stock computer) or go direct coil and aftermarket but as my friends not chasing big kw/hp it alot more cost effective to keep the stardard ecu.so without moving the dissy he might just massage(cut reweld and bash, welder by trade)the fire wall and engine mounts just reweld my old mounts onto old/custom cross member even keep the rubbers.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
yea but i have a gc13de at my house and thats part of the appel low cost, i spoke to my friend about this option but really how much would it cost for complete uk cga3de???
or even just head and ecu
or maybe ecu with smaller parts like coil packs and such.
the engine would be the best option but just a bit too much for the amount of money that would cost and really not a big gain.

i think someone crazy like errol from datrats could get into something like this even though its goin into a toyo

but for the trouble of keepin the dizzy were it is u can still retain all the normal ecu functions.
and the micra engine is pretty compact any way so i cant see a big problem.

come to think of it how r them forklift motors placed north south maybe differnt setup

Back