Central Locking/Immobiliser

Good Morning Chaps,
First a bit of good news...My good Lady passed her Driving Test yesterday..first attempt..very proud of her.
Now for a very irritating problem that has cropped up...The central locking has now got a mind of its own...it will lock itself for no reason at all...Ive done the battery change but it still does it. One time it locked when I got out of the car to put the L Plates on....keys still in the ignition..spare key at home....£10 in taxi fares later I got into the car with the spare key. I started to use just the key to lock and unlock the car and all seemed fine for a day or two..then it started again...so now we have to carry the spare key in a pocket just for safetys sake....Ive searched the forums but cant find anything that could help me sort this problem out...Ive searched other Micra sites all to no avail....so if anyone could shed any light on this..or come up with any ideas I would be grateful
Thanks in anticipation,
Steve

Only times I've heard of something similar was when the battery was on its way out in the fob and when I dropped my key in water but that stopped after a little while

Only times I've heard of something similar was when the battery was on its way out in the fob and when I dropped my key in water but that stopped after a little while
Ive changed the batteries..and as far as I know the fob has never been wet...certainly not since weve had the car...its a total mystery as to why its doing this...I had the doors lock up once when I was driving ...pretty freaky...we may have a ghost rider...lol...Thanks for the reply h701,
regards,
Steve.

I think that must be the issue. I don't understand the technical bits enough to suggest anything else

Best of luck
And if you find tge answer I'm keen to know

Pr0 tip as my mates car done this check the lock actuators in the doors, usually the drivers door that causes the problem, replacement from scrappies should do the trick :cool:

I agree to look at actuators. Maybe it had slipped. Other info: If only the passenger door locks / unlocks as you drive along. There is a switch on the lock mechanism in the drivers door. When the contact is dirty the C/L goes mad

Central locking?

You'll be telling me it has windows that can wind themselves down next...!

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

I had that problem of the car self locking. It was my drivers door lock not returning to centre fully as the spring had broke on the rear of the barrel.

Thanks for the tips fellas...I shall check these out when the weather is a bit more settled....... as for the windows Magpie....they do...lol...only when the button is pressed though...lol...I know its an Automatic...but some things we have to do ourselves...must mention that to the wife regarding the petrol station...cheers lads,
Regards
Steve.;)

Sorry for the delay in responding fellas...been dodging bad weather and quite busy with other things...anyhow..here is my little update....I have checked out every door locking mechanism..cleaned then all of and given them a squirt of switch cleaner and wd40 where required....couldnt find anything broken/loose....I left the door cards off for a few days and kept watching (not constantly of course) for the locks to self lock....it has not happened since...so maybe it has been just a case of sticking parts....switches tripping through dirt ??....The upshot is that the problem seems to have been cured...for now anyway....thanks once again chaps for the help and advice.
Regards,
Steve

Back