Cat in manifold

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi i was wondering if there is a way to remove this apart from buying a performance manifold as i don't currently have the funds for this, i have considered chopping the cat out and welding a pipe in but its made from cast iron and aparently you cant weld that :glare: any help would be aprechieated

Cheers Adam

Suppose you could just remove the cats innards (that sounds dodgy lol)

TBH mate, this won't really do anything noticable performance wise. It's the design of the K11 exhaust which makes it poorer on performance, not really the CAT

Cheers for the replys

in you opinions which method would be easier to do and how would i go about removing the innards of the cat lol

Cheers

adam

there is a collar above the cat, then you bash it out i think
but the main restriction is above the cat, near the lambda probe, thats why i cut mine and opened up the ports

Yeah, smash it with a screwdriver! Beach did this and reported little to no gain - Frank, how does that manifold compare to a Janspeed?
Craig

craig

i would say, equal in low/mid range, but less power at high revs
but thats on a 1.0,
when i put the janspeed on the super s, it gave a very straight powerband (more revs, more power) but on the 1.0 it was pretty gutless till 5000 then a mad burst to 7000 and this one seems a bit less peaky
its a different animal to my misses k11 tho (1.0, with 1.3 cams) hers stops accelerating at about 5 or 6000

Interesting - how did you blend the pipes together?
When my 1l had the 1.3 cams it pulled great - almost wanted a couple more revs!
Craig

Interesting - how did you blend the pipes together?
When my 1l had the 1.3 cams it pulled great - almost wanted a couple more revs!
Craig

Back