Carwash Nightmare! lol

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
Took the Micra down to the local car wash today, some idiot in a vtr had it lowered to the ground and the guys at the car wash let him go through the machine so i figured it must have been of a safe height to make it through. was told to drive into the car wash, switch engine off bla bla bla
cars totally covered in foam, cant see a thing. suddenly i hit something! turn on the window wipers and theres a vtr bumper to bumper with me lol!
the mid section of his exhaust got stuck on the chain that pulls the cars through

the guys at the car wash told me to reverse back (bearing in mind i couldnt see a thing cause of the foam) i thought they would have had the sense to move the rollers from behind so i had a clear path out.
started to reverse and then heard my rear window shatter! glass hitting me in the back, all over the back seat but most important the MSC sticker's in bits too :p

the guys at the car wash are footing the bill so i cant complain really, it was an experience anyway lol

get them to give you a FREE full valet aswell... at least they weren't a'holes and have learnt not to allow Saxo's Er... i mean lowered cars in their wash...

LOL, i can imagine that!!! Glad your gettin it sorted tho. Bummer about the window. Why did it smash?

the cowboy's shouldn't have let the lowered car in in the first place. And i bet it damaged the car wash, wonder how much thats cost lol. They won't see a pay check for a few years!!! :D

lmao sorry dude! wow gutted! i dont use them anymore ive heard a few car wash horror storys! i go for the tesco hose style or the classic driveway carwash! tbh i think your lucky that they have agreed to pay up, they could have been quite arsey about it.

Yeah true, esp as most of them say you use it at your own risk!!!

I'm not taking my car in one thats for sure!

Just had the mobile fitting service out, new rear window is in so i cant complain really.

Thanks alot for the stickers Kev, was gonna place an order for some new ones today.

The glass shattered because the metal roller that has the brush on it was moving up/down and i couldnt see a thing cause of all the foam. the guys shouted to reverse to let them get into the saxo to free it and at that the roller came down on the rear window.
snapped the rear high vis light of aswell but ive got it all fixed today.
They paid for everything and gave me 20 quid for my troubles.
im putting the car in for a professional valet soon, theres wee shards of glass in every tiny space of the car. its between the seats, behind my rear lights lol! absoloutely everywhere

My mates got a photo on his phone, ill get it uploaded soon enough

yea they did at first but after telling me to reverse they hit the start button again to try and get the saxo free'd

all sorted now anyway! cheers for all the interest lol! ill get pics up soon

I'm suprised the brush didn't move as they have photocells to see the car, if they was blocked with foam the brush would have lifted.

The older style carwashes used a mercury tilt switch to lift it.

There was a fault elsewhere with the wash, which is probably why they've agreed to take the cost.

It didnt go through their insurance, the guys said that would take a few weeks to get a penny toward the window. think it came right out of the guys pocket.

£100 for a rear window + fitting,
got my money back for the car wash aswell lol!

I never even thought that it could have been the machine that was broken,
dooesn't matter now anyway really. Im happy, they seemed happy about not going through their insurance so it seems everyones came out on top

Back