Cars rattling

Was wondering if anyone would be able to roughly diagnose a rattle comeing from the front of my k11 SR.

Seems to be coming from the engine area but stops when i rev. My friend had a quick look and without getting inside the engine said it might be the pulley, a rusty bearing.

Anyone had a similar problem and are there anymore checks/tests i could perform to help identify the problem properly. Thanks

well to check the bearings jack up side of the car and rock the wheel in and out to see if theres any play and rotate the wheel to see if it spins freely, doubt its a bearing if its only at idle, did you check to see if maybe its just the exhaust heat sheild? could also be the timing chain knocking also if its worn? just my 2c

my timing chain has gone in mine but it rattles when you put a little gas in and take it off. it also sounds a bit rattley when just running without gas. your problem sounds a little different. Mine also gives off a rattle when you have the gas in then let it off and the car slows down.

mine sounds the same when the gearbox is warmed up. does the rattle go away when you push the clutch?
i think my rattle is either due to a loose clutch plate dampening spring or a worn input shaft bearing when the gearbox oil has warmed up n thinned which allows the loose bearing to rattle only at idle

Just got back from a garage my mum uses. He put the car on the lift, got it up in the air and ragged the exhaust heat-shield off. I had been told by a few people that it'll be the heat-shield but just havent had chance to get underneath the car.

Problem solved in less than five minutes.

Back