rattling from engine bay

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
To behonest I didnt notice this till my mate pointed it out. There seems to be rattling coming from the engine bay. he seems to think its in front of the rocker thing theres a round device shaped like a oval? I havent a clue. maybe its the clutch or something but I seriously doubt that only had it replaced I think oct time?

anyone?

alfonze

your description is a bit vague fwn , a sound file might help or use a big screwdriver handle against your ear, to pinpoint it

Isnt there a heat shielding piece there? On the old micra ours went so we made a new one ^_^ it looked terrible but it did the job, prob just needs resecuring.

could be but I sure I had that taken off. I cant pin point where its coming from. possibly the oval shaped thingy infront of the rocker?

Im almost sure its the cam chain, although it isnt that loud really so I should be able to sell it and blame it on old age perhaps

Ive been thinking, I only notice the rattle whilst the car is in gear and a few revs on. It could possibly even be the gear box. What would be cheaper to repair the gearbox or cam chain?

gearbox from scrap yard probably.

Rattling cam chain is very very common on K11's. But hardly ever snap, my old one rattled like crazy at 110 000 miles

Hopefully the rattle is solved now, Il try it when my mum brings it home, apparently it was the heat shield.

Back