carbon canister & locking nuts

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
A favor needed please the carbon canister in the micra is basicly just hanging there one pipe on and one off, (its the 1.6 micra) I have read that some members have removed these and replaced it with a one way valve which as it happens i have lying around so can someone explain with pics if possible where the pipes should be so that I can complete that part of build I wouldnt ask but as i wasnt there when they were removed i have no idea where they go..

also the alloy wheels that were left on car have locking nuts on them not the key type they are the type that looks similar to a castle nut you know the one,s . well the removal tool has not been given to me and i think it may have been lost is there a way of removing said nuts without having to hack the alloys to bits welding a nut on isint an option as they are hollow type ie the threads of stud are visable. you dont have to reply to this part in public thread but a pm would probley be better as i dont want members wheels stolen due to info ive asked for thanx.....

right i had a look round and it says that most garage have nut removal kits or people hammer sockets in

was thinking of sockets but as mine are expensive i will need to seek out some at boot sale that i can mash up dont want to hammer my good one,s thanx for work though

well since making this thread only this morning the removal tool has turned up along with its old owner so just the carbon canister to sort out now

Back