Carbon canister help

Hi,

The carbon canister was removed off my car to make space for the airbox for the throttle bodies, but now since I am not using an airbox anymore, it means I have space for the carbon canister. Also, I was starting to get really annoyed with the fuel smell that surrounds the car all the time, and when I turn the blowers on inside while idling, fuel smell just comes in.

My guess is that putting the carbon canister back in place will solve the smell issue.

Can anyone please explain how to plumb the carbon canister?

There is a disconnected pipe near my gearbox which I am told where the canister was disconnected from, so I know that goes to the fuel tank and thats where the smell is coming from. So I need to connect that up to the canister.
But then, I don't know what else goes where, and from what I can remember, the canister has like 3-4 pipes coming out of it...

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

The gearbox has a pipe coming out of it, this is the gearbox breather. The smell it's probably because the pipes that come from the tank were left open to aliviate pressure inside the tank.
The canister has like 4 pipes, 2 from the tank, at least 1 vacum from throtle body

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

These are the vaccum lines. The other ones are fuel related, and I think if you get them backwards you I'll notice the accumulated pressure in the fuel tank??
d056232ad3701d3d28b6d6662388ee8f.jpg

The gearbox has a pipe coming out of it, this is the gearbox breather. The smell it's probably because the pipes that come from the tank were left open to aliviate pressure inside the tank.
The canister has like 4 pipes, 2 from the tank, at least 1 vacum from throtle body

thanks Jorge, that helps.
and yes exactly that smell is coming from the open pipes from the tank :)

Back