Locking wheel nuts help please.

IMG_0279.JPG
Hi. I have a 2005 Micra with alloy wheels and locking nut.
The locking nut key has broken and I'm trying to get a replacement from Nissan but they need the number of the key to order one.
Does anyone have Nissan wheels nuts that match the picture with a code for the locking nut.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
View attachment 53243 Hi. I have a 2005 Micra with alloy wheels and locking nut.
The locking nut key has broken and I'm trying to get a replacement from Nissan but they need the number of the key to order one.
Does anyone have Nissan wheels nuts that match the picture with a code for the locking nut.
Thanks in advance.

they're all suppose to be uniquely profiled, otherwise it wouldn't be a very good lock.
remove the old lock nuts (bolt extractor socket, hammer in an old tight fitting 12-sided socket, hammer a flat-head impact driver into the profile groove, weld a bolt on the locknut),
and buy a new set in halfords

Hi. I have a 2005 Micra with alloy wheels and locking nut.
Thanks in advance.
All of the official Micra K12 locking bolts look like that, but there are quite a few variations with subtle differences and only the right one will fit :(.
I had a similar problem recently and had to replace the locking key. Fortunately the previous owner had kept the key packaging with the code number. However the keys are mega expensive, over £20 for the key and as the Nissan locking bolts/key are a very poor design and are prone to failure, I just had a friend remove the locking bolts with an extractor tool and I replaced the set with THESE from ebay.......

Back