Any ideas, car not starting

esha

Ex. Club Member
Bit of a strange one, dunno if anyone else has had this problem, started my car up this afternoon (running fine last nite), put it into reverse to get off the driveway, put it in first to pull away and it stalled, since then its not firing.
Ive got a brand spanking new starter moter, new dizzy, rotor and ht leads, also spark plugs are new, theres loads of fuel in it, just not able to get it started at all, and I really need the car for work 2moz! So any ideas would be grand!

Got it working again, good old fashioned bump start got it goin, this the second time this has happened though, any ideas as to why? Poss blocked injector or sumat? Everything that would make it start is in tip-top condition, just sometimes it doesnt wana go

OP
OP
esha

esha

Ex. Club Member
Battery is tickety-boo, tried jumpin off a friends car just to be sure, everythin was there to make it start, it jus wouldnt turn over, and its nt the sunroof, ive managed to cure the leak i had from there! It almost sounds like im only running on 3 cylinders when it finally starts goin but calms down after a few secs, startin to drive me round the bend, startin to think about findin a new micra, but im in love with the one ive got! lol!

richj

Deactivated Account
What does it sound like turning over? Does it try to fire? Why would bump starting the car help if the battery is fine? hmmm

Doesnt turn over with a good battery?? dodgy start motor / fuse?

OP
OP
esha

esha

Ex. Club Member
Everythin was spinnin ok, new starter motor in it so shouldnt be that, all the fuses seem ok, last time it was driven id come back from work so a gud 3/4 hour drive back, then it just stalled when i went to drive the next day, think i may have flooded it a bit by tryin to start it again and didnt want to keep goin after a bump start the first few times. It just seemed like the engine didnt want to turn over, despite everythin else trying to make it turn over, and it does try to fire up it just doesnt quite get there, everythin sounds fairly healthy though

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Take out the fuel pump fuse, start it to clear the cylinders oh and get some new HT leads/ make sure they are in the right order

OP
OP
esha

esha

Ex. Club Member
Thats a new one to try, will have a go with that later on, ive recently put new HT leads on aswell (in the correct order lol), im wondering if this is connected to my low rev lurching problem aswell, gona get it put onto a diagnostic soon to see if that brings up anything new

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
spark plugs, happened to me after I started it and turned it off imeediately. sounded like a scooby for a bit as well lol.

try a spare set just incase or buy some cheap ngks 80% sure as long as theres nothing else wrong with the car i.e sparks, fuel is going.