Car not strating once it is hot

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my micra. It starts perfectly the first time in the morning. But when the car gets heated up after running for few hours and when I start again, I need to hold the key for 5-6 seconds to get it started. And then bit of black smoke comes out from the silencer.

I have re-solded the TB 6-7 moths ago and there is no other issues noticeable.

I am fed up with this non-starting issue (only after the car gets heated up). Please advice to me solve it.

Thanks a lot guys!
Pash

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Poster said he does not have cold start issues. So even if it was a bit rich it would probably not be an issue for a cold start. Also if left overnight then residual fuel pressure would have bled off.
With mine, if it was hot and restarted within a minute or two it would be okay no time for injectors to leak too much fuel if over five then it would act up, then if left for hours it would be not so bad again.
Replacing injectors fixed my problem.

Mike

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help. I will try and check the injectors. Please tell me where the coolant sensor is located, coz I'm bit new to mechanical items. Also how may I check whether the sensor is in good quality or not? Please advice me.

I really appreciate your help.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
there are 2 under the dizzy, one for the gauge and one for the ecu

frank

Attachments

• 53138.jpg
    53138.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
You need to check the sensor with two wires.
The single wire sensor is for the temp gauge.

The same sensor is used on many other nissans so spare parts are easy to come by.

Back