Fan blows warm air not hot

CMF_asim_nazir1

» CMF Member
hi.

i have always had this problem since i bought the car 4 years ago. The fan blows warm air and my car never gets to a decent heat level.

the switch speed works. so i can change to different speed levels. i always have it on full and the car gets just warm. now the its so cold out side it takes forever to heat up and the cars always cold.

can it be the same resistor problem under the glove box. or is that just for the fan speed controll.

Thanks

CMF_asim_nazir1

» CMF Member
good question. its always in 1 position. roughly in the middle of the gauge dosent go in the redline. its diagonal.

i can take a pic in 1 hr when i go to work and cars fully warm

CMF_asim_nazir1

» CMF Member
I had my cars engine running and it took 15 mins before the needle moved. It's half way up but still blowing cold air.

So what could be the problem. The thermostat?
Thanks for your help

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
15 minutes at tickover sounds a bit slow asim, and 15 minutes driving is never right, but if its still blowing cold when 1/2 way up then maybe a blocked matrix or pump or belt problem ?

CMF_sva86

» CMF Member
Ok.So my micra 1.0LX is blowing not very hot too.My needle starts to move 3-5 min after the starting depend on how hard im pushing the gas pedal and goes to the very middle of the scale,the thermostat is working and not stuck open because i can see on the needle how she goes up then for a few seconds after some driving goes low and then again to the middle and continues to stay there no moving but even that the vent is not very hot but just worm.The strange thing is that few min`s after starting the engine the gauge goes near the middle before the thermostat opens but there is no even a small heat from the vent,and on my other car a(MAZDA)as soon as the needle just move from the cold mark the heat starts to feel!
And another question.
I have attached a pic with the controller for the air flow,on my Micra the knob do not turn to the position for the dash window.Just goes to the previous "DOT" i have marked with "MINE".On the user manual that i got the photo it is turned fully.Is the same with all the Micra`s and what can be the problem for mine not wanting to turn fully to that position?

Attachments

• 61374.jpg
    61374.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 24

CMF_sva86

» CMF Member
Thanks frank2.But my micra do not have a AC.Is there a model with a pollen filter without a Air condition?And if there is,where do the pollen filter is?And how can i tell or see if she has one?

CMF_burner

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,
I have the very same problem..basically even though my interior Temperature Dial is set to clockwise (red0/ highest heat setting, I only get mild/warmish heat from vents and despite the fan running at high speed,the air volume is low and the air temperature low.

This is a problem even when car engine hot and up and running. There is coolant in the relevant engine cooling system and car generally running well. Please help as winter driving conditions at present.

Thanks

Back