Car cutting out when braking

Hi, I have just purchased a 1994 Nissa Micra, 1.0.

When I drove the car at 60mph on an A road it intermittently started to slow when I accellorated and would then jump forward and regain speed. After around 5 minutes this stopped and it drove perfectly.

However, since then, within the last week, it's got progresively worse in that it now pulls /kangaroo's forward and now cuts out virtually everytime I brake at a junction. It starts straight away again without problem.

The problem seems worse when I first start driving but gets better the longer/further I drive the car - almost as if the car holds the revs better???

Any help would be very, very welcome as having just purchased it I dont want to spend a fortune on garage time trying to find the solution.

Many thanks!

When repairing any dry joint, it's far better to use a solder sucker to remove the original solder before resoldering. Far more chance of a nice solid joint :).

Thanks for your replies.

Can I just check - does re-soldering do the same job, as in repairing the problem, as replacing the throttle body?

When repairing any dry joint, it's far better to use a solder sucker to remove the original solder before resoldering. Far more chance of a nice solid joint :).
Or if you know someone that is at school, a science pipet :p won't be able to use it more than once though :wasntme:

Back