Can someone explain this to me, please?

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
Persons or classes of persons entitled to drive:

The Policy Holder.

The Policyholder may also drive with the owner's permission a motor car not owned by the Policyholder and not hired or leased to the Policyholder under a hire purchase or annual leasing agreement.

Any person named below who is driving on the Policyholder's order or with the Policyholder's permission: My name (Named Driver).

-----

I know this says that the Policy holder can drive someone's car with their permission, but does this also say that I can as well?

And! My Dad has a Policy with another company, can I drive the insured car legally with the permission of my father (Aka the Policyholder?).

Thanks.

right you have insurance on your micra is it fully comprehensive or tpft

if its fully comp then you are alowed to driveanybodys car with their permission but it will only be tpft so if you crash the 3rd party car will get paid for and you will have to pay for the borrowed car

all you have to do is make sure the owner of the car actually has insurance for the car

is it your dad or you who actually holds the policy?
If it is under your name then as jim bling said, you can drive any other car that is insured fully comp by someone else no limits or anything.

If it is your dad that holds the policy I doubt it will cover you aswell. If in doubt phone them up and hope you dont get a trained chiken! :D.
And if your not coverd but you want to get that option try flexibell, thats who im with, im 20 and it cost anoter £30 or me to add it but it was well worth it because no one else gives that option to young drivers.

hope that helsp. :D

right you have insurance on your micra is it fully comprehensive or tpft

if its fully comp then you are alowed to driveanybodys car with their permission but it will only be tpft so if you crash the 3rd party car will get paid for and you will have to pay for the borrowed car

all you have to do is make sure the owner of the car actually has insurance for the car

Also with fully comp to drive someone elses car it has to be the same insurance group or below and you have to be 21 or over with 3 years worth of driving

Just ring your insurance company and ask. "People on the internet said it was ok" will not standup in court.

I wouldn't risk driving someone's car even with their permission, if i was still unsure. I'm not a silly person.

As robert said fully comp does not entitle you to drive any other vehicle... only some insurance companies offer that any more.

Never trust 100% what you read on the net but if the text you've given above comes under the heading Persons entitled to drive then it (I think) reads as your dad may drive other vehicles and you may drive under this policy this vehicle.

it depends on your insurance, for instance quinn direct have a third party extension for third party fire and theft and thats not restricted to over 25 like most comanies, however the third party extension is only ment to be used on emergancies, driving regularly using it is illegal, and no the car does not have to be insured by someone else. as long as the car is taxed and mot'd and that your car is in working order then its ok.

Both my policy with Yes (TPFT) for my K10 and my policy with CIS (Fully Comp) for my K11 allow me to drive anyone else's car with their permission, on a Third Party basis. It will state in the policy documents who is allowed to drive what ;)

BG

Persons or classes of persons entitled to drive:

The Policy Holder.

The Policyholder may also drive with the owner's permission a motor car not owned by the Policyholder and not hired or leased to the Policyholder under a hire purchase or annual leasing agreement.

Any person named below who is driving on the Policyholder's order or with the Policyholder's permission: My name (Named Driver).

I am not qualified to give legal advice etc, but to me that reads, the policy holder can drive another persons car with 3rd party cover if they have their permission. There are no stipulations (like age etc) on there. I can't see how they can get away with writting something that is not true, so I would take it as true. If I was you, I would call the insurance company for clarification.

Quinn Direct right?
I have a TPFT policy with them which has the same clause, means you can drive other peoples cars with their permission.

To me it looks like your dad can drive any car with valid insurance held by someone else to a car that doesnt belong to him. And you can only drive the car he has the policy on.

Age doesn't come into it if it's your policy you are driving with, or you are a named driver on someone else's policy, because the premium already takes that into account.

Your dad will be driving the other person's car on his own policy, and I would think that as a "named driver" you are only covered to drive the car which the policy covers. If it was your policy you would then have the option to drive other cars.

BG

if yuor the named driver of that policy in post 1 then you will be insured to drive say your mates car with his/her permission

Back