Bye bye Best in Show

Titch

Micra K11ng
Well - not much to tell really.

Was driving home from Wishaw, all was fine then my speedo, Temp sensor and fuel guage all died. Hmm, was a bit weary, but thought it may just be a temp fault - and they'll be back.

Then heard a really bad banging noise and the passenger wheel locked up, sending me into a bad spin. Ended up on the verge right through the hard shoulder.

No body work damage by the looks of things, need a new wheel though. RAC & Police came out and the main gearbox mount had sheared, fallen onto the drive shaft twisting everything with it.

So i'm 80% sure the car is a write off as the damage is bad.

A bruised, battered and upset Titch :(

thats really.. odd, and obviously upsetting :( bad luck, hope your ok and everything as obviously thats the main thing. Do you know why the gearbox mount could have given way like that??

Extra weghit of the primera box? Not fitted correctly? Hitting a bump to hard (as ride is really bumpy with suspension) may have caused it to shear.

Don't know - but can't even think about it now :(

Ouch :(

Lucky your alive and well tho, even if the car isn't. Hope it doesn't get written off, would be a shame to see a car like that off the road.

Seems like everyones having problems all of a sudden. Paddy's crash, darren's spin, Alienfish's problems and now this. Been a bad week or two :(

sorry to hear that dude, not a good week for us micra bods, last saturday i had a crash and my car is a write off and now a week later you have an accident and looks like yours will be a write off :( im glad you ok, cars can be replaced

Went for a look at it this morning and its pretty bad. :(

Looks as if the main gearbox mount has sheard, the box has then dropped taking most of it with it.
I thought it may of been to do with the starter, remember how i had a few problems about 2 months ago. But don't think that this is connected.

By the looks of it, its the bolt that holds that mount thats gone. Since that happened, the box has had no support and the banging noise was the driveshaft snapping due to the weight. Now the gearbox is sitting on the main engine support just back from the crossmember.
Need to go back up to get some stuff out of it as its sitting up at the Garage at the moment, so i'll get some pics of it.

Its weird tho, not one bit of body damage, might need a new wheel as i think its buckled - but i guess i'm luck in that sense :rolleyes:
Cheers for your support guys. Been a really bad week and this don't help, but yea as you've all said i'm lucky to be alive etc. Arm hurts a bit still, but it'll get better.

Titch

Really sorry to hear that Titch.

Main thing is your ok, hope something can be sorted with the car.

Kev

At the moment i don't know. I'll need to wait untill i can get it on ramps etc and get a full assessment of the damage. If its fixable at a good price then i'll consider that, if not then it'll be broken which i don't want to do but will have to, so i can sort things out.

Will sit for a few weeks now anyway, have got a Friends funeral on tuesday so thats going to dictate alot of what is happening at the moment. Mum has been good enough to put me on her Insurance so i'm not totally stuck - but i'm gutted about it.

But these things have a way of sorting themselfs out, only takes time.

Sorry to hear this m8 it is a really nice car and it will be a shame if you do have to get rid!Main thing is u r ok

dont break the car its one of the few good/best looking k11's on here.

you say that theres no body work damage so thats a spot of luck,

im sure people would donate parts to see this fine example of a k11 live again

was so sorry to hear this when u txt me las night man, its gutting, as i said glad your ok, hope u can sort something out :)

bloody hell titch sorry to hear that dude.

its been said before, but the cars just a lump of metal. your what matters and if your allright, sod the car. it can be fixed or swapped.

tommo

titch im gettin a new engine n will have 1 spare if u need a new engine plus box however box is on its way out think y im changing it but u can have n see wat u can do with it bud got 80k milage on it but will be a straight swap as its the super s 1 so its there if u need it bud

sory to here of this, ive recently been pushing my car tp the limit n soetimes bustin it, think im gonna start drivin granny style again til i get car tuned,

glad to hear ur ok, u think u mite still make it to meet?

:D

Dude, very sorry to hear that man!!! Hope things aint too bad and it can be fixed as it would be a shame to see it get broken for parts. Glad you're ok though and good luck with trying to get it all sorted. :D

Danni said:
you + Moving to NE + Wayne + my smiling face = Titch + happy + car fixed
G Man said:
and me and me, im his boy
oh.gif
haha

Very true!

Have now got everything out of it, and the box is now sitting on the ground.

Bolt has sheared right through, going to work a few things out, se if i'll keep it, break it, sell it or sort it.

It'll sit for a few days now anyway.

Least your alright anyway!, as for the car, hope you are able to fix it, as it would be a shame to see it broken up...

The box is out of the engine bay? If you dont mind i might pop through one night and have a wee look at this, would like to see the box in the flesh hehe!

Daz :alien:

Sorry - not been on for a few days. Lots been going on.

Car has been written off - and not sure what i'm going to be able to get from it before it goes away. If i do managed to get some things then keep an eye out for them in Buy & Sell.
Breaks my heart to do it but have no choice.

Titch

Gutted mate, would you not be able buy it back from insurance to strip it for parts? Surely you would make a good amount from selling the engine, coilovers, exhaust, boot and other parts??

I know it would be difficult to do, but such a shame to see this car scrapped.

I don't know. Insurance are looking at it as we speak and they will give a final verdict.

I can't do much anyway as i've a fractured wrist - so will need a few peeps round i think to get it sorted out.

feel sorry for you mate :( i know how you feel about your car been written off, my baby was written off also, my insurance didnt offer me my car back lets hope you can at least break it

wilsonian said:
Not wanting to sound like a vulture but if your breaking it could i have the coil overs?

grr i wanted them too lol!

but thats off topic.

Sorry to hear its a write off mate! really am. Was a very very nice car and if i had the money i woulda bought it. But.. does this mean we have now a vacant spot for Best in the Show Micra :D and ive just been asked to show my car at MUK III in April hehe

Didn't take long for you to start wanting parts!

Everything from the car will be coming off, but i'll need help to do it, so Scottish members heads up.

Keep a look out for the thread, and yea i'll bet the coilovers will be the most popular, but will go to highest bidder, as will it all.
Titch

I'll do my best to come up and give you a hand Titch, might need abit of advance notice though. Possibly this Saturday though if you want.

Will talk to you on MSN about it bud

As i say - won't be for a while yet. Need to get lots of things in order first, then car start thinking about the car again/

Titch said:
As i say - won't be for a while yet. Need to get lots of things in order first, then car start thinking about the car again/

No bother mate, just give us a shout and Ill do my best to head through.

Back