buying first micra, scared of external temp. gauge

Hi everyone,

Just created my profile after months of greed, lust and lurk here.
I have a perfectly fine car, but I need a k11. I absolutely adore these things.

I found a reasonably cheap 1.3 k11 which seems very well kept, however there's an external temp. gauge. I haven't test drove the car yet but the seller claims it "works like clockwork" (verifying the claims tomorrow). The thing im worried about is the external temp gauge. I'm gonna learn to work on cars with this but what I think is:
  1. The car has the RPM gauge on the tachometer, could the tach be from another car? aka wrong mileage
  2. could the car have some mods that i should l look for? Kinda worried this is could be a previously turbo'd car
Can't wait for my very own build/learning thread!

Attachments

• efd37537-dd88-42dd-a5d2-ca9ebd1bb2de.jpg
    efd37537-dd88-42dd-a5d2-ca9ebd1bb2de.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 88
the tach can be easily swapped... so it's easy to change the mileage with it. (on the old prefacelift models, like the picture)

Anything could have happend with the car. Ask for it's history and check for plausibilty.

main problem with micras is rust.
Look at the rear wheel arches inside toward the lifting points at the bottom etc... there

If you think it was previously tubo'd, beg for the turbo to be refitted ?

I can't imagine someone to build a turbomicra and then go all the effort to unturbo it, just to sell it.
it would be worth more with it stil tubo'd.
just test drive it. any other advice from far away won't work.

the tach can be easily swapped... so it's easy to change the mileage with it. (on the old prefacelift models, like the picture)

Anything could have happend with the car. Ask for it's history and check for plausibilty.

main problem with micras is rust.
Look at the rear wheel arches inside toward the lifting points at the bottom etc... there

If you think it was previously tubo'd, beg for the turbo to be refitted ?

I can't imagine someone to build a turbomicra and then go all the effort to unturbo it, just to sell it.
it would be worth more with it stil tubo'd.
just test drive it. any other advice from far away won't work.
I guess. I know nothing about cars so this is a experience. Im writing a build log as i learn and fix stuff.

well... i guess best thing you can do then is to go either as cheap as possible, and have enough money for repairs. Or go for a hogh price well serviced, clean car from a dealer with guarantee...
Or you get lucky and find one from granny who had it sitting in a garage most of the time.

Back