Buying and selling K11's under new Car Tax Rules

How are you supposed to buy cars private sale on the day under the new tax rules?
Surely, if you buy a car from a private sale after October 1st, as soon as you take ownership, you legally can't take the old tax so in theory you will be driving a car home with no Tax on it unless you have a smart phone and can arrange it there and then, Any ideas on this?

You either do it online using the new keeper supplement or via a 24/7 automated phone system.

You can also do it at a post office but that may prove less convenient depending on the situation...

Its to stop people driving un-insured, they haven't thought of the problems it will cause, but then....we're only the plebs.
Me, I'll offer to post it back to them, or, I'll just drive the thing home and take the chance. One of my favourite sayings...darn em.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its to stop people driving un-insured, they haven't thought of the problems it will cause, but then....we're only the plebs.
Me, I'll offer to post it back to them, or, I'll just drive the thing home and take the chance. One of my favourite sayings...darn em.:)
"Darn 'Em"? They're not SOCKS, you know (well, unless you use "Socks" as rhyming slang)!!

Back