Car selling scams.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
<p>Came across this on the GTi-R OC club forums. Never ceases to amaze me what lengths these 'Nigerian' style scammers will do to get your money.</p><p><em><font color="#3366ff">"Decided to put my pulsar on ebay to see what the interest was, the auction runs out tomorrow at 1. I've had tons of messages and offers so when a woman called "Kerri Lippet" message me today asking how much I'd take she said she wanted to buy it now as a gift for her boyfriend. Fair enough she wanted to deal through paypal. I sent a request to her account for the funds to be transferred as she asked. What I got back was a "genuine" email from paypal. It looks identical when compared against other emails from them telling me that the money I asked for has been sent plus £1000 extra?<br />It then goes on to say that the funds are being held by paypal until (and i am not kidding when I say this) I pay the extra £1000 through a Nigerian money transfer firm called "Weston Union" who will in turn send someone to collect it and ship it back to Nigeria to a bloke called "Funsho James" who lives in a place called Ile Ife, Osun State, Ngeria. You could not make this up, he lives at 2 candy road!! What are these people on?"</font></em> </p>

View on our website

I had a guy emailing me under the names of karen jackson and ernie lowe, I recieved a genuine looking email from paypal, with the same western union request. I phoned the number he provided and what I got was just a recorded message

Back