Budget Suspension Setup

Hi,

I am on the search for a budget suspension setup.

I currently have 35mm lowering springs on the stock shocks and the handling was a MASSIVE improvement over the stock setup, mainly due to the springs being progressive rate so they stiffen up under load, and also being lower means a lower centre of gravity, and so the body roll is massively reduced.

However, I now want to further improve the handling - not bothered about lows too much, mostly just handling.
Would ideally love something like BC Racing Coilovers but 'budget' is an issue with them costing £700.
Whats the next best and reasonably cheap thing? I've had a look on Japan's Yahoo Auction and seen loads of March K11 coilover kits for cheap but they are all damaged lol.
I've read on here than Corsa B coilovers are much too stiff for a daily.

Appreciate any help.

Has anyone tried these or have anything good to say about them?
someone reviewed them on ebay and said 'Car drives completely differently now. Nearly eliminated body roll and yet smooth and stable at speed.'

Thanks appreciate the reply, but I shouldve mentioned my budget is around £250!

The Technix ones are £215 on ebay but buying directly from Technix in Germany is £170 included shipping.

I contacted the person who wrote the review of the Technix's on ebay, and he only has great things to say about them, but I don't want to rely on a single person's opinion if you get me.

He's recommended I fit an anti roll bar first, and then I can fit my Hardrace drop link kit as well (which my garage didn't fit last time due to the car not having an anti roll bar). Hopefully these should also make a good difference, right?

Anyone else chip in as well please?

Okay ended up going for the TA Technix ones, got them at the bargain price of £75!
Front anti roll bar is also on its way!

Need to find a panhard rod now as the drop will be 40mm. Needs to be second hand as don't fancy paying £90 for a new Gizfab one.

If anyone has one to sell, please let me know - no more than £35 though - I know I'm cheap!

I'm interested in this topic too. While I am able to take speedbumps in third gear which are quite low revving though, I have lowering springs but I am aware of the panhard. I'm told you can shorten your original one so you can be able to set the rear wheels correct to the front. But nobody told me how much.

For the Corsa coilovers, I read here that those are quite stiff and I watched a decent youtube about the subject and it told me you will loose your camber setting but I am not sure if I am correct about this.

I'm also not sure about the lowering springs since it will lower my car 35 millimetres and I insist on to keep my Micra to take speedbumps without trouble and am aware that the lowering itself (35 mm) can be a point of no concern.

I'm interested in this topic too. While I am able to take speedbumps in third gear which are quite low revving though, I have lowering springs but I am aware of the panhard. I'm told you can shorten your original one so you can be able to set the rear wheels correct to the front. But nobody told me how much.

For the Corsa coilovers, I read here that those are quite stiff and I watched a decent youtube about the subject and it told me you will loose your camber setting but I am not sure if I am correct about this.

I'm also not sure about the lowering springs since it will lower my car 35 millimetres and I insist on to keep my Micra to take speedbumps without trouble and am aware that the lowering itself (35 mm) can be a point of no concern.

I have 35mm springs on standard dampers currently and can still take speed bumps at a decent speed.

But if I have 3 others in the car, then the rear right wheel scrubs the arch (but that may be because of my stupidly large wheel spacers...)

There are some Technix coilovers on eBay for £180 which doesn’t seem like a bad price given that their usually always more than £210.

There are some Technix coilovers on eBay for £180 which doesn’t seem like a bad price given that their usually always more than £210.

Nice find! Do you happen to know how unstiff those can be set? I happen to have coilovers on my other Nissan and their unstiff setting is too stiff to only want coilovers on the rear, that is what I would like if it will work together.

Nice find! Do you happen to know how unstiff those can be set? I happen to have coilovers on my other Nissan and their unstiff setting is too stiff to only want coilovers on the rear, that is what I would like if it will work together.

Sorry I have no idea about how adjustable they are!

I have spoken to someone who had them fitted and he said:

'On the road it's smooth and comfortable, no crashing on potholes and bumps.
The lowering isn't excessive and looks like a "sport" version. It's definitely not stanced. Steering response is tight and precise, still understeers on the limit but the limit is significantly higher. For the money if you're not bothered about being 10mm from the ground and would like great handling and a comfortable ride it is well worth it.'

I have a set but haven't fitted them yet.

I would like to learn how big the difference is. On the other hand, I spent 90 on two fronts, I might aswell buy these coilovers. :/

Could you tell me the ebay link? I couldn't find them on my own.

Well my current priority is to get my throttle bodies fitted and get the ECU remapped, so I probably won't get around to getting these Technix fitted until January :(

Heres the ebay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153752409475

I'm running new dampers, Polly bushes on the front , lowering coils , ajustable panhard and a bottom brace (that and the bushes to alot),
Only problem is my top mounts are screwed , drastically made worse by poor roads, so im wanting rose joint or along that line, and dead be the adjustable trailing arms , for the best before adjust me dampers or coilover

But depends all what you looking for me , was to sit better, handle and go better on backroads (it pretty good), yet still ride nice, speed bumps ect with no problems ,

Also stock topmounts on corsa coilovers can be problematic seen a few kill the mounts but depends how its used ect

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I'm running new dampers, Polly bushes on the front , lowering coils , ajustable panhard and a bottom brace (that and the bushes to alot),
Only problem is my top mounts are screwed , drastically made worse by poor roads, so im wanting rose joint or along that line, and dead be the adjustable trailing arms , for the best before adjust me dampers or coilover

But depends all what you looking for me , was to sit better, handle and go better on backroads (it pretty good), yet still ride nice, speed bumps ect with no problems ,

Also stock topmounts on corsa coilovers can be problematic seen a few kill the mounts but depends how its used ect

was to sit better, handle and go better on backroads (it pretty good), yet still ride nice, speed bumps ect with no problems , - this is basically exactly what Im looking for

Yeah, well say a bottom brace does alot to reduce front flex , same as the Polly bushes , basically reduces the +camber that happens,
Orignal dampers may find they are getting weaker , so a new set can help,
Topmounts check it's.not flexing like hell or knocking ,
Along with the tyres aswell, (could say tyres first ),

Yeah, well say a bottom brace does alot to reduce front flex, same as the Polly bushes, basically reduces the +camber that happens,
Orignal dampers may find they are getting weaker , so a new set can help,
Topmounts check it's.not flexing like hell or knocking ,
Along with the tyres aswell, (could say tyres first ),

Will look into bottom brace and polybushes then, I originally thought they wouldn't make much of a difference but good to hear from someone who has direct experience.

Yes the Technix set I have bought comes with dampers all round so hopefully should be a good upgrade!

That are gas shockabsorbers. I see that the springs are curved that might be good. I have some ebay lowering springs that are straight. The connectors on the shockabsorbers look promising but I wouldn't need them. I would say top notch if it where oil absorbers but maybe I'm just believing this is better while it is not so.

But I'm a bit lost and while I am aware this is not my thread, if I look for stiffer rear and good fronts, does anyone have a nice shopping list for me? The past 5 or so posts I'm lost becaue I don't know anything about Micra aftermarket.

That are gas shockabsorbers. I see that the springs are curved that might be good. I have some ebay lowering springs that are straight. The connectors on the shockabsorbers look promising but I wouldn't need them. I would say top notch if it where oil absorbers but maybe I'm just believing this is better while it is not so.

But I'm a bit lost and while I am aware this is not my thread, if I look for stiffer rear and good fronts, does anyone have a nice shopping list for me? The past 5 or so posts I'm lost becaue I don't know anything about Micra aftermarket.

Whats the advantages/disadvantages of curved and non-curved springs?

And there are a few other Micra K11 coilovers on eBay but they are very expensive - £700!

I'd say curved springs are more progressive and therefore become stiffer when asked for but give decent daily driving. But this is just what I think I can tell, it is not so have experience with it so you should wait for someone else that will tell you.