Buckets seats in 3 door

R

Robin Cooper

Hi there i have been looking at putting buck seat in my k11, as it is as 3 door and on the micra seats it is just the back that moves how do you make the bucket seat so you can get prople in the back, and how much work is it it 2 modify sub frames to fit?

cheers rob

You can also buy luxury buckets which are factory built for what you want... give me some time and i'll try to find them.

edit: Sorry but dont quote me... but I think that the Sparco Imola seats (which are not FIA approved but still kick ass) are suitable for 3-doors. They aint cheap though (369)

link @ demon tweeks

I currently have Spacro Sprint seats on drilled micra sub frames. fits well but you wont be able to get in the back.

If the Imola's have the same screw arrangement you'll be able to fit them to u micra frames - which move :D

right this is a problem i had with mine because i need the back seats. Anyway the solution when i had Cobra Clubman buckets in (Now in Kristians afaik) was move one forward and the other back as far as they go and go through the middle of the car :) awkward if your big boned haha but easy if your skinny. I eventually got rid because of this plus i wanted Headrest Monitors.

Attachments

• 100_1719.JPG
    100_1719.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 100_1199.JPG
    100_1199.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 265
If you are wanting bucket seats then you really should get harnesess for the corrct look which would mean you can't have rear assengers as the harneses uses the rear seatbelt points.

Buckt seats using normal seat belts looks poor IMO.

I have bucket steas, view my vbGarage.

If i want passengers, they climb in teh boot and thats only in emergencies. I pretty much knew i couldn't take passengers easily once the bucket seats were in.

As for harness points, you only use the lap belt harness points, the outer passenger seatbelts are still free to use.

i want bucket seats and am willing to sacrifice my rear seats ..if only i didnt have to take old women shopping :(

Yeah really once you get buckets, well fixed ones. It's very tricky to get someone in the back. I got custom subframes made and its much better as they sit lower.

IIRC for MOT dont the seats HAVE to move forward to allow easy access to the rear in case of emergancy??

If you dont want rear seats and you cant get proper frames for them then you may have to modify your existing ones... for mine, I removed the top part from the sliders and welded a rather thick piece of angle iron accross the old runner bars, and becuase my seats have side mounts (as apposed to base mounts) i welded these straight to the angle iron... ignore the rust on the iron - its only surface rust that i am going to be painting up very soon... when i can be bothered to remove the seats again haha.

P6090002.JPG

in this pic, you can see the original part of the sliders been prepped to be welded up

27052006.jpg

If you have race harnesses then you can not have any people in the rear as the belts will interfear with the passengers and most prob use a rear fixing belt..
such as these on mine (which are 4 points)
P5100001.JPG

the right colour seats in the righ car with the right belts look sexy as ####!!

P5100002.JPG

:D

Back