Trade of front seats

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Peeps,

I got some autotechnica bucket seats and have put them in the Micra.

I have had made (by an engineer) custom frames to sit off the factory rails so its all kosha.

Problem is I am 196cm tall and not far off 110kgs so the bucket seats combined with my height are causing me dramas haha

Looking to get back what I paid for them or close and some standard seats to put in the Micra.. Or Just a driver seat will do.

At this point I can put up with it but who knows how long that will last.

I will post pics later this evening

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Also side question based on everyones experience.

When fitting after market steering wheel and boss kits how did you get around the problem of the wheel being too close to the indicator stalks?

I am thinking it might be the boss kit I got off ebay with the steering wheel.. it is meant to be off an n14 but i got a feeling its off an n13 so maybe thats why its so close to the stalks

smidge

» CMF Member
the boss kits come in different lengths so sit the wheel at whatever distance suits

you can also get wheels that are offset a bit from the stalks which make it a bit easier, just jap have tons of em, drift wheels or something, they look pretty sweet too

sell ya buckets then buy the forester interior out of my micra, i'll help ya install it if ya like, its not perfect, but looks decent and is a massive upgrade over stock seats

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
I am getting used to them, i find less lat training i do at gym helps but the height is the killer haha.

Ill let you know if i end up floggin em

smidge

» CMF Member
when i first mounted my seats i did the dodgy metal plates thing just to see how they'd go

well that lasted a week cause it SUCKS to have the seats up too high, the stocky seats sit quite low

the forester ones ive got in now only add about 1cm of height, i'm 6'2" so even that is noticeable

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah I got small metal plates sitting on top so the next option is to either stop them from sliding and keep em set (which really makes no sense), or revisit the design which I am not all that interested in..

Will gauge selling them or just use em till they fall apart

Attachments

• 39031.jpg
    39031.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 31

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Heres them mounted, funny thing is makes the connection to the factory rails substantially stronger than the factory ones.. go figure

Attachments

• 39032.jpg
    39032.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 40
Back