Fitting Buckets

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I will be going to see my local rally prep guy tomorrow about getting my bucket seats put in, they will need the old frames cut off my seats and welded on. Just wondering for those who already have them, how were yours mounted up and for your harnessess, where did you mount them?

Not quite sure what you mean when you say mounted up but bascially all that was done with mine was we took just the brackets and runners off a k10 standard seat, and welded them to two metal bars to give it strength then just welded it again onto the new bucket seats. Sounds quite easy but it takes some time trying to get the positioning correct, for where you wana sit. Hope this helps. I have or will have my harnesses mounted on the C-pillar, probably not the best place to have them but it does the job quite nicely though. :)

Thanks for the info. I mounted the harnessess in at the rear where the lapbelt used to be using those mounts. I went down to the place and they said that it will be no bother for them to do it that way and the car will have buckets by Thursday :D

How much it roughly costing you?Im looking at getting it done and i guy said he will do it and im after a rough price, cheers ben

The guy Im getting it done by said no more than £120 and thats getting my harnessess mounted in properly etc. I phoned another place and they said it could be £30 a seat but if it is more difficult then it would be £60 a seat, so to get it done right I would say around £100.

Back