bucket seat seatbelt fittings

S

super_s

im thinking about getting bucket seats but want to keep my original seatbelts instead of getting harnesses, but the original k11 super s seats have got the holster bolted onto the seat and the buckets i want dont come with the holsters what would i have to do?

would i bolt the original holsters into the bucket seats or into the chasis?

would i have to get them checked over for safety reasons as it mightnt go through its mot?

cheers for any help in advance

the "holster" is on the subframe not on the seat itself so either use your old subframes and modify them like i did,

or wen u get new subframes for the bucket seats take the "holster" off the old frames and bolt the "holster" to the new subframes

i recomend harneses tho there probly the best thing ive bought for my car (there not that expensive)

if you have buket seats why not go for a 3 point harness system?

unless u want more than one person in the back. not only will it look good but harnesses do feel better two :D

Safety message about Harnesses

If you want rear passengers the dont bother with harnesses. Never never ever bolt the harnesses down so they go straight to the bottom of the chair. You want to bolt your harnesses onto a roll cage or the around the rear seat belt mount

The reason for this is, if in the case of a accident imaging the loads put into the harnesses and how they tighten. With Harness that are bolted around the rear seat area the resulting load will pull you into the seat. With Harnesses that are bolted onto the bottom of the chair the resulting load pulls the harnesses downwards instead of backwards this could break your collarbone if your really unlucky.

Mike

i was thinking if you had them going to a rear seat mount then the person could sit in the middle.

but i agree with you about not having it straight down.

like rik said the seat belt buckle thing is connected to the subframe, you will probably find that modifying your existing subframes is the easiest way to get em to fit, with my cobra buckets the front two holes were practically in the right place, i drilled the holes an extra mil larger to allow me to get the bolts into the holes in the seat and got a piece of steel welded off the back of my subframe, drilled it and secured the rears of the buckets to there. my seats are cobra monaco's but im guessing that all cobra seats maybe pretty similar, in fact all buckets may have similar mounting holes, but dont hold me to that!!!!

ide deffo go with harness ,but i have a stripped our rear and know someone that could weld!,,,mine are attatched to where the rear seatbelts go,,but before i had them rite at the back of the car at each side but they went sort of straight across and dindnt like it,,

runnin standard seatbelts may not be safe,cos i know with my seats the standard belts dont touch your waist they go across the seat itself leaving a gap between you and the belt,,also rub on the seat anr ruin it..:)

mike said:
Safety message about Harnesses

If you want rear passengers the dont bother with harnesses. Never never ever bolt the harnesses down so they go straight to the bottom of the chair. You want to bolt your harnesses onto a roll cage or the around the rear seat belt mount

The reason for this is, if in the case of a accident imaging the loads put into the harnesses and how they tighten. With Harness that are bolted around the rear seat area the resulting load will pull you into the seat. With Harnesses that are bolted onto the bottom of the chair the resulting load pulls the harnesses downwards instead of backwards this could break your collarbone if your really unlucky.

Mike

well after searching the forum i found some interesting threads :) about bucket seats.
as you must have guessed i was going to enquire about them.

i was thinking why couldnt you "bolt the harnesses" straight down, of course ther is the fact that you will have to drill a new hole in the floor, but i never thought about what "mike" said above! so im glad i searched now lol.

i think ill leave bucket seats for the moment untill i can find a 5door :) but then im still going to have the trouble of passengers sitting on the harnesses, but means less hastle getting in and out.
(probably some people prefer a 3door k11)
napster

another question please!!
is it possible to bolt the harneses at "Angles across the rear seats (not down but) so that they bolt to the "middle seat belt clip and the middle seat belt connector??"
therefore they dont get in the way of people in the back and i can still use the "left and rear" normal seatbelts?
thanks
napster

yes its ok..

my harness is bolted straight down the back of the seat now..its upto you mate do what you want.it passes the MOT so its safe :D

RIK said:
yes its ok..

my harness is bolted straight down the back of the seat now..its upto you mate do what you want.it passes the MOT so its safe :D

rik: so ur harnesses go down to the floor?? or where the feet of a rear passenger would be or possible just higher up on the "rear seat wall"?

the thing is, i know it can be done, but alittle hard for people that havent got a clue lol, but to "modify subframes" to fit?

i didnt want "sport recliners" but "buckets" so i would like the subframe to "slide and tilt"?? ive been told that i can get a "universal tilt frame" and possibly bolt it to originals subframes??

even if the harneses go across back seats to "middle seat belt clips" would it be dangersous though for people in back? head height or something?

Thanks everybody
napster

Back