Bucket seat fixings

So...

I have the bucket seats...

I have the sub frames...

But they don't go together (I knew it wouldn't be simple), somehow I managed to buy bucket seats that happen to have the fixing points inline with the k11 rails.

No not the original bolting points but the actual sliding rails...

Now my solution, which I put to you for criticism is....

If I cut a couple of notches out of the metal just wide enough for bolt heads would it be safe enough to have them welded in place? not my pigeon **** welding proper welding!

Or can you think of another solution that doesn't involve me buying new seats?

Do what the rally boys do, strip the carpet out and remove that metal bar it's just welded in... Much easier to work with a flat floor then!

hmm i had a problem with mine. in the end i used micra seat rails and welded a plate on the back of the frame to where the rear seat bolt holes are located. Perfect fit now!

hupa3a7a.jpg

Here's my problem

8589743387_ee7e5c97d9.jpg

I'm thinking either cut notches just big enough for the bolts to be welded in or cut out a couple of bigger openings so a bracket can be welded and have the bolts as removable

wow your seat frame is wide lol.

erm i would get a sheet of metal the size of the bucket seat, drill the holes where they mount to the seat then place that sheet metal on the seat frame and weld it to the seat frame (bucket seat not mounted lol) then mount ur seat to it.

Back