Bubbling sound when heaters blowing

Not to worry you but mine used to do this before the head blew I thought it was normal now the engine has been re built no bubbling...

its usually trapped gasses in the coolant.
first bleed the cooling system with the heater set to full hot to allow any air to escape, rad cap off and run engine till the thermostat fully opens and rad fan has turned on then off.

fit the rad cap and take a test drive.
if it still sounds like its bubbling after turning the engine off, then combustion gas is still getting into the system which is usually the start of a blowing head gasket.

when the gasket blows bad enough, it can force coolant out of the expansion tank. no coolant, no cooling.

could get garage to test for exhaust gasses in the coolant to verify the HG is leaking before considering repairs

Thing is it isn't all the time it does this , could it be some water getting in the heater somewhere ? Really hope it ain't the HG if not it's going on auto trader and I'll buy myself a 1.3 haha

Just gave it a listen , was no sound when engine was turning off , I park on a kerb and this noise only really occurs once it's been raining or damp the night before
listen careful when you switch eng off if matrix bubling i had that with mine when head gasket done in

Potential leak then?

Take the scuttle panel off and check the seals under that, seems to be the common place for leaks to occur

Back