BT's Home Hub

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi i was wondering how many of you out there use this? (internet, phone, tv)

I am thinking of moving all these to bt home hub. However don't know anyone with it so thought i would ask your experiences before tying myself in

thanks
paul

My mate has it and says it's great. All my dealings with BT have been pretty crap. So get it but be careful what sort of contract you are agreeing to.

we have it only use it for the internet

they say we were upgraded too 8mb from 2mb when we got the hub but to be honest it seams slower :S

and when we rang up we basically got fobbed off

Plus BT network is only available 99% of the time, they are always cutting off the connection.
I'm with tiscali and must say I've got no complaints, and I love to complain lol.

I have BT Home Hub with Internet and Phone.

We have 2 computers and 2 laptops running on it. But we used to lose network connection. Moved the hub up two shelves and its been perfect ever since (touch wood).

Speed all depends on your disctance from the local exchange, my line is capable of 8mb but I probably get less than half that :s

my sister in law has a bt hub, it is always disconnecting from the internet, and at 8mb seems a lot slower than when she was on 2mb. also the phone picks up interferance from the dimmer switches in the house.

Im with tiscali too for my broadband and I dont really have any problems with them the main problem was with my router but I got a new one of those, they can be tempremental though.

BT's lines are capable of 8mb, if you live next door to your exchange! Most people will never get anything like that, despite having an 8MB service.

correct arnold Im meant to be running a lot faster but because im so far away from the exchange its barely half what its meant to be.

24Mb is comming down the telephone lines soon with ADSLv2. If your running your net through a telephone line so: BT, tiscali, orange, sky, virgin media or ANY other ISP, your running through the BT network as they rent their equipment out to the other ISPs.

im with virgin media 3 for 30 quid i upgraded the net to 4mb as thats all you need , i game a lot online too.i found out when my router kept disconnecting it was my old pc!!!!!once i chucked it in the bin it started to work lol never had a problem with it since got had 4 pcs runnin and a lap top lol

My personal choice would be to go with Virgin Media. More reliable in terms of what speeds you get.

TV from BT Vision sounds great, I went to get it and I have a 8mb line. When I ordered it, it said my line speed is not quick enough!?!?! So check that before commiting to a contract with the internet. I know it includes Freeview and also other pay per view channels including movies and sport.

I am really gutted I lost my Virgin Media :(

BT Home Hub are ####e. Bin it and buy a decent modem router.

BT Hubs are known to sync at a low speed after a few days and stick there, thus pushing your IP Profile down in the exchange giving you slow broadband speeds. On my line I can sync in the high 6500Kbps. Home hub went down to the 3500Kbps after a few days. This giving me roughly 3meg broadband, where as I should be getting around 6meg. After buying a Belkin N1 router i'm back to normal and my IP profile went back up after a few days, yepee!!

IP Profile = (determines the max download speed you can have, set at the computer in your exchange)

Plus BT network is only available 99% of the time, they are always cutting off the connection.
I'm with tiscali and must say I've got no complaints, and I love to complain lol.

Tiscali are by far the worst company i have ever dealt with, their customer service is non existant

Yeah but I never need customer service, and their prices are reasonable.

I'm sure the customer service at most ISP's is quite terrible.

I've moved to Tiscali, was half the price of Nildram and got the 8mb service. Surprisingly, i'm running at 6MB so happy with that. Only £16 a month or something too. I've only had to ring them regarding billing problems but they were easily sorted, and has always worked since i signed up. I'd recommend them

Back