BTCC to Race Through Southampton

M

Monkey

Southampton Echo Front April 11 Page
Southampton Echo April 11 Page 2
You couldnt imagine what thoughts i had when i saw this, i was so excited, i booked of the 1st of june (well my Birthday is on the 4th and i had the 2nd off).

they say they needed £35,000 of local sponsorship, so i got on the phone and phoned all the local companies i have worked for that would be interested, and they were. they donated a sum of money to the cause. i showed it to my Director (not the same one who i have been complaining about) who races motor bikes, does hill climbs in a porche 911 race spec and a mini cooper race spec and he was very excited and interested and took this idea to the board, who i beleive are looking into the idea of sponsoring the safety rails for the event.

the on thrusday i see this artical in the Advertiser exactly 1 month on

Southampton Advertiser 11 May front page
WTF!!!!! yes its going to be on public roads, but they will be shut off from public access.

Newcastle held the event recently, London had the F1 cars and im dam sure there was loads of laws broke that day not just the speed limit.

im reserving Judgment on this as i am waiting for a Phone call back from the Department of Transport a guy called Roger, who is looking in to the application from Southampton City Council and im also waiting for the Special Events team of Southampton City council to finish their lunch to find out from them if its the press blowing this out of proportion.

That last one says it isn't gpiong to happen [would evade swear filter if i could] red tape grr

It would be cool, they have done it before somewhere I'm sure. The track they have lined out looks abit rubbish though, just looks like a straight.

scottish-sr said:
It would be cool, they have done it before somewhere I'm sure. The track they have lined out looks abit rubbish though, just looks like a straight.
look just be happy!!!!

Just received this email from the Department of Transport

Dear Mr Monk

As per our telephone conversation please see the attached paragraph. If
you have any further query regarding the newspaper article please
contact Robert Hall in our Communication Directorate on 123456789123

Section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, which was inserted
by the Road Traffic Regulation (Special Events) Act 1994, allows a
local
traffic authority to make an order prohibiting or restricting the use
of
a road by vehicles not involved in an event and by pedestrians, in
order
to facilitate any sporting event, social event or entertainment to be
held on a road. Where the event involves motor vehicles, an order can
be made so long as the event is not a race or trial of speed and has
been authorised under the 1969 Regulations (as amended). The order
making authority must consider the safety and convenience of
alternative
routes for diverted traffic. They must also be satisfied that it is not
reasonably practicable for the event to be held otherwise than on a
road. The maximum duration of an order is three days. Road Closures
for
authorised events may be done by local traffic authorities, but only
after extensive consultation.

I hope this is helpful

Kind regards

Manjari Patel
Policy Adviser
Road User Safety Division
Vulnerable Road Users

she called me Mr Monk :D

was cool watching the rally cars and btccs fly round the quay side in newcastle. They should bring them back here not down south....let them lose on the a1 lol

nismo_k12 said:
was cool watching the rally cars and btccs fly round the quay side in newcastle. They should bring them back here not down south....let them lose on the a1 lol
now that would be good to see!!

Back