brakesystem for sale?

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey there!

I have just read the "factory-bolt-on"-section. But there is on problem, i can't find the parts in germany which will fit for sure... In fact of that my question, are there some people which are willing to sell their brakesytem? Or some people which could help me to search for the right parts. Don't get me wrong, i am not lazy, but i go crazy between all that types of calipers enginecodes, buildingyears etc. etc.
I am looking for the front system, fitting 14inch wheels, for a micra super s 1995.

kind regards,
christian

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
germank11 WROTE:

"Hey there!<BR><BR>I have just read the "factory-bolt-on"-section. But there is on problem, i can't find the parts in germany which will fit for sure... In fact of that my question, are there some people which are willing to sell their brakesytem? Or some people which could help me to search for the right parts. Don't get me wrong, i am not lazy, but i go crazy between all that types of calipers enginecodes, buildingyears etc. etc.<BR>I am looking for the front system, fitting 14inch wheels, for a micra super s 1995.<BR><BR>kind regards,<BR>christian

In europe didn't the late model facelift version of the k11 come out with vented discs at the front? Speak to some of the Uk members on here like Frank2.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i have never come across any k11,s with vented discs.
i fitted 1.6 sunny (95) slightly bigger vented brakes to my old super s, but they did,nt feel any different tbh (tho i bet they would suffer far less brakefade if abused)

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

...but they did,nt feel any different tbh (tho i bet they would suffer far less brakefade if abused)

Ok... that would be mad, because i am going for 120 bhp and i am looking for a brake which can handle this... The standard brake system on my micra sucks.

I have contacted a motorsport-shop, the could create a brake system with 6 piston and 286mm rotor (http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/big_brake_kits) , but i think it is definatliy too big/overdressed and much more expensive than nissan-bolt-on-parts...

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
Have a look at this article.

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/factory-bolt-ons.php

It's a well known fact Sunny/Pulsar GTi-R brakes will fit without too much work, and Almera/Pulsar N15 brakes too. You will need at least 14 inch wheels though.

Then it's a matter of which brake pad compound would suit your driving style.

I've been using Almera discs and calipers on my rally car for the last 3 years and they work very well.

Good Luck

CMF_Michiel

» CMF Member
Try to get some brakes from an 1.6 100NX Nissan, they are good to find in Germany.
Or a Sunny GTI or GTI-R if you want even bigger brakes :)

CMF_Red Menace

» CMF Member
I think I'm right in saying that 100NX brakes will fit under 13" steel wheels. I've got Almera brakes; the pistons aren't much larger than stock but the discs are vented. Fitted after a severe case of brake fade when chasing a friend across some back roads, and neither of us were speeding - the stock brakes just aren't up to it.

These definitely don't fit under 13" steelies, so I found some 14s with (if I remember correctly) 165/60 tyres, so the speedo reading is still correct.

Back