freely programmable ECU-> engine data's

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hello!

I have started a new thread, it is a part of my project but the old thread is getting to big.
I have talked to a motorsportshop for installing a freely programmable ECU. The need some datas about the micra, i hope you could help me. The problem is i don't know the exact english words:
-They need to know which type of sensor is build, inductive or "hall" (in german) / reverberation-sensor?
-kind of signal
-number of teeth's
-gaps

The Problem is i don't know exactly what the need to know, so it is a little bit hard for me to explain/describe.

regards, christian

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
If you're starting from scratch (i.e. not modifying an existing trigger ignition setup) then you're probably best off working off an existing cam position sensor setup as mentioned. From factory the dizzy has an optical sensor aimed at a metal disc with slots in it to show when to trigger the ignition. If you search for the term 'ignition', 'dizzy' or 'distributor' I'm sure you'll come by a few topics about this in the past.

It may give you more options if you do a hall-effect sensor but I don't think you'll be able to get as much support as if you just tapped into the existing optical sensor setup.

---dens

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Thanks dens!!
I will search the community, but one question, do you know where i can get some pics of this slotted metal disc? I hope there will be some pics in the older posts...

have a nice weekend!

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Ok, a new question, could someone tell me some full programmable ECU's which could be used with the stock distributor?
I have talked to the company i have contacted to re-map the K11, and they said it would be difficult to run their ECU with the stock optical sensor. The guy talked about fitting another sensor (inductive/hall).

The easiest thing would be to find someone here in the communtiy, running a full-prog. ECU, is someone out there?

regards,
christian

yeh ppl have run microtec's, ems, autronic, motec etc. ems will run with the stock dizzy with the disc taped over. microtec can make a map in an ecu for you if you send them your distributor... but imo, microtech = ****ness for driveability, autronic and motec will both require a new trigger to be made, to do it properly you'll actually need 2. one of the cam, and another off the flywheel or balancer(easier of the flywheel). but for what your doing,... reasonably basic n/a setup, i'd just get an ems.. offcourse this depends on who's going to wire and tune it. allthough they're pretty easy to wire up/tune.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Thanks turbo, one step into the right direction. So i will take a look for the ems, are there some infos like homepage or name of the ECU i can search for?

The ems, does it need the "tuned" slotted disc like in the pictures in the thread frank2 showed me? Or what must be changed to run it (ignition coils or something else)

thanks,
christian

Back