Generic Wheel/Rim/Tyre Question

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
I am rather lazy at this point but someone could probably confirm quicker than I could test this out.

Stock 13inch steel spare in the boot, would it clear N14 brake calipers. Generally speaking if you have the larger brakes you need to have min 14inch rim right? (Or is that just for GTIR calipers).

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
crumpets

i had vented sunny (95ish) brakes on my old super s, and the 13" ally,s cleared no probs, i vaguely recall that the rivets (or they might have been plugwelds) on my spare steely did catch the calipers tho)

frank

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
My main reason for raising this is anything larger than a 13inch steelie does not seem to fit in the spot in the boot haha

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"My main reason for raising this is anything larger than a 13inch steelie does not seem to fit in the spot in the boot haha<BR><BR>

The standard 13inch steelie's will not fit over the n14 brakes, only some 13 inch alloy wheels will, i have had this drama myself.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
crumpets WROTE:

"So I guess hunting down a 14inch steely might be an option but then it probably wont fit in the space in the boot

If you out a lower profile tyre on the 14" it might work,
I know the federal 14"s that i have are nearly back to standard height, they are 185 55 r14 that might work. i can try if you like..

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
sportsclassic, what is the pricing and ride quality like on those federals? I did a search on their site, I'm guessing that they are the SS-595 ones as they are the only tires that came up at that size. They are listed as a motor sports tyre, so I can only assume that they are pretty soft and more expencive than I can justify.

I did an ask around for tires the 14s I have, they are 185/55/14 too but was quoted something between $230 and $290 a tire depending what I was after... Or I could do the (I think) 175/60/14 each for $115.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
daily_ricer WROTE:

"sportsclassic, what is the pricing and ride quality like on those federals? I did a search on their site, I'm guessing that they are the SS-595 ones as they are the only tires that came up at that size. They are listed as a motor sports tyre, so I can only assume that they are pretty soft and more expencive than I can justify.<BR><BR>I did an ask around for tires the 14s I have, they are 185/55/14 too but was quoted something between $230 and $290 a tire depending what I was after... Or I could do the (I think) 175/60/14 each for $115.

There is not much diffrence in ride quality from the 60 profiles, yes they are the ss 595 they perform very well, 230 290 thats a rip lol..
I can get them for about $190 each. I just bought another set as my old ones were stuffed..

Back